View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 03:56 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when talking about these things, you have to see what is your budget. I mean, fast, reliable and cheap don't go togther.

If your aim is for the 300whp daily or lower, you can save the swap money and turbo the F series. Internal work is also required. But if you aim for something like 350whp daily or more at track, an fully built H22 is the only way to go. H22 swap into an accord is not that fast. Trust me, I had it + 75 dry shot and still seems slow.

If you're willing to drop anywhere from $4000-$5000, F22 built + custom turbo setup will help you achieve the dream. Anything under $3000 is only good for a swap. If you have a money pit ($8000+) then I suggest you built a h22 + turbo. Then again, there are lots of things to learn.

Don't forget that there are many other things involved, not just the engine alone. Fuel management, drive train, suspension, chasis, etc. Which can easily double or triple the cost I've listed above (which I assumed that you can get the cheapest.)

If money is not your friend nor you want any super fast car then just get a swap and call it aday. Otherwise, save up and invest into a faster new car which is more reliable and fun.