View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 06:24 PM
TrustyOleBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as far as the kit idea goes, it was an idea
I'm not concerned with the cost, its going to be a sponsored racing car. The car is going to be for a younger friend who just turned 15 and is just getting into the racing scene. I'd rather he be at a track under supervision and safety coordinators than out on the streets risking his life. Fuel injection was something I wanted for the vehicle, primarily for the fuel return so that any unused fuel would be simply returned to the fuel tank. It is true, there are "kits" that I can buy to convert CFI to EFI in a Ford vehicle, but surely that isn't the only brand that has a kit or assembly of parts that can be purchased to ease the conversion of one fuel system to another? Okay, since there isn't a kit and I don't have a donor car on hand, what components am I looking at for the conversion?

"install an Si tank with its high pressure fuel pump, run new fuel lines to the front, and peice together a Haltech system (WAY overkill for that car.)"
I am not familiar with a Haltech system, could you inform me?

If I have to buy the components, what are some good websites that I can buy the parts I need to make this happen?

Thanks!