Old 12-19-2004, 04:45 PM
James281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord 98 brake pads and rottors question

I wonder if anyone in here heard of such problem. I have an accord sedan 98 v6, i just changed the brake pads and both front rotors around 9-10 months ago but now it both worned out again when i took back to the shop thinking just changing the pads.

The guys that fix my accord said he using honda oem parts, i know he use the pad from honda because i saw the box, but the rotors is from some brand called "mountain" i wonder if that really is OEM part for honda. When i was in his shop he also show me a pair of rotors brand "Brembo" i believe this is a german brand. not sure how good compare to the other brand "mountain" and he said he would charge the same price if i take brembo.. anyway he were using "mountain" brand instead.

He also told me its really honda design and the way the brake pad grab onto the rotors to get better braking.. that's why when you changed the pads usually you must changed the rotors too.

that seem really odd to me how honda really design this because i guess every 10 months or so i have to waste around 350+ for just brake???