View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 AM
hanktoberfest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Styler.com - theives

CONSUMER ALERT!
STREET STYLER . COM

Take my advice, do not order from this company! You should see the correspondance thru emails that I've had with this company, un-freakin-believable. I work with shipping companies everyday, I know exactly how they operate. When there is no tracking # you have a problem. After 2 days I emailed them about it, no response. I then called them later that afternoon and they said that sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the tracking # to be issued but that it had been already shipped. The following week I sent them an email stating that I still didnt have a tracking #, no response so I had to call them again. I was then told that it was being shipped directly from AEM, passing of the buck. So after a few more days I said F-it and called AEM in Cali, their rep tells me that they don't even do buisness in the way that StreetStyler claimed, they never heard of them and advised me to cancel the order, comforting. I called back StreetStyler and they tell me this one guy handles that stuff and will be in later that day, I told them that it's really important that I talk to him and that I wanted to hear from him by the end of the day, everyone knows what happened right? No call back! I call the next day and the whole place was closed and went a day early to some show in Atlantic City.

I emailed them and finally said to cancel the order. They email me back saying no problems but I would be subject to the shipping fees still and a additional re-stocking fee.
I emailed them back saying that that’s not advisable, considering their performance.
Havent recieved an answer back on that one and I doubt after pointing out how they have lied to me and I caught them in it. Hands down the worst internet company I have ever worked with.

Fast fowared 2 weeks later. I finally got the part that I had canceled, well past the maximum shipping time of 10 days. By that time I had ordered the intake through someone else, received the part and installed it. So I put the part in the corner of my office and waited for Street Scammers to call me. Never got a call. I did get the charge on my credit card about a month after the initial order though. I call them up for an explanation on why I had received a part that I had canceled on 10/25/04 and why my credit card was charged. I get the run around from some peon and he and I have words. Tells me that they know how to deal with people like me when I told him the charges were going into dispute. ZERO accountablilty, not once did I get a “Sorry”. Since the company is only 25 miles away I told them to come get the part. I had at that point put WAY too much effort into their mistakes and lies and wanted a clean break. The charges are in dispute. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try and get all the facts on here.