View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 08:55 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I've been owned. . . thrice!

My car is in my sig, also, it's an AT , I should also note that no other weight besides me (130lbs), the Honda spare tire (removed!), some tools (maybe 10-20lbs) and my subwoofer box(will remove on race nights when it gets warmer, probably around 100? dual ported box with two 10's.). The way I drive it, when I race from a stop is 1st to as close to fuel cut off as possible (6.0-6.4K), then 2nd the same way. I never need past third in the 1/4. I just want to say, I don't have dynos, slips, et cetera, this is all amateur "ricer" stuff.

Anyways, I've been beaten by these three cars, but I've also been able to take a couple, one is pretty obvious, two I'm confused as hell about. Is it because my car weighs so much (3100 with me, 3250(?) with sub box/tire/tools) or is it because of the AT, or both? I've almost completed the basic boltons with the exception of exhaust, which I really need to do because I've done a little to the frontend.

Anyhow, I've beaten (this is all from a stop, flagged with painted 1/4 lines, I try to note everything I know possible about the other car)

01 Civic EX 5spd (Stock)
96-00 Civic LX AT (Intake, Strut Bar)
96-00 Civic LX AT (Stock)

I've lost to:

01 Civic EX 5spd (Stock, same car as above) (About 3/4 car length)
Prelude with the triangleish lights H23A (Si?) 5spd (Intake, probably a lot more) (About a car length)
94-97 Accord EX 5spd (Intake, Helix) (About 1/2 car length)
Unknown Nissan Stanza (looked like a POS, this was on the interstate, I was at speed limit in the middle lane, he pulls up, I look over, throw it in third and floor it, got to 105 and shifted to fourth, had him for a while but somewhere around 125 he got the best of me.)

I mean, it's like I'm not really dipping too far out of my class. I know I weigh an awful lot (at least 500lbs more than anything I've raced except the Accord). I've got money, but not the kind of money to go F/I except maybe NOS which I don't want to do. Am I just SOL unless I want to go F/I? Is it the lack of a MT?

Thanks!