View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Falkon
Ahhh! It's Jafro and his majical CX, possibly still with wonder bees.

Well, Alpine has something I believe is called the Ai Net something or other. It plugs into the changer jack and becomes two RCA jacks. If you only have an earphone output for the ipod buy one of those cables that plugs into a stereo earphone jack and outputs as right and left RCAs.
Heh, yeah... the bees are still my best mod to date. I'm having great luck with the car since the swap.

I got the model of the deck. It's a CDM7861. Not really that awesome of a deck after all, but she's stuck on it.

We went to the Apple Store today and got all kinds of info about adapters. I found the AI NET adapter for $24.95. Not bad! Other PIE adapters were in the $70-$100 range, but they were mostly for factory stereo systems. Here's the one for Alpine.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piealpairca.html

The Apple Store said they get a shload of returns from dissatisfied people on the FM transmitters. There are some that get returned less than others, but the ones that dont get returned, you have to change batteries in every 8 hours. The iTrip doesn't have a good track record from the post-christmas crowd. I'd rather not have something that drains the iPod battery anyway. Especially when using the AI NET adapter costs less than the transmitters do and sounds better.

Alpine is coming out with a deck that actually controls an iPod and charges it. This feature will be available in specific future models. I hope it doesn't cost a spleen and a lung when it comes out.

Thanks for all the info, guys.