View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 10:17 AM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is still illegal for a company to install a remote start on a manual. I have done it to a few and also to some of my own cars but DO NOT recommend it. I had someone rear end my car once and took it to the shop to have it fixed. I specifically noted to them to park it in neutral. The clean up guy didnt get that part. I wne to pick up the car and when I bent over to look at the repair work.............oooops my key pressed the button on the remote and it tried starting. Well in this process it was jumping across the parking lot til it ran through the heavy gauge chain they had around the lot and that crawled up my hood and "A" pillars ripping off the mirrors and shattering the windshield also chewing up the pillars. Ended up with a 3850.00 bill for that repair. It can be done with momentary switches and a custom built gear shift plate though, so that when it is in gear it presses that particular switch and wont let the remote start engage. That takes some work and money to do though. Just some suggestions from me and experience.