Old 11-12-2003, 09:20 AM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.) Did you or did you not go to school?

i'm in school, finishing up my Mechanical Engineering degree in a year and plan to pursue a MBA. currently, i'm working at a co-op so i took off a quarter.

2.) If not, are you happy with your decision? If so, was it worth it?

this is well worth it. maybe the jobs i'm seeking are different than some people, but everything i've seen requires a BS or even Masters degree!!!!

3.) Would you change whatever your decision was (go to school/not go to scool) now that you are in the "real life" working?

nope!!! this eye opening experience has rejuvenated my desire to finish school and work hard to raise my GPA because of how competitive the market is. whatever i can do to buy a line on my resume, i'm on it!!

4.) For those that didn't finish college, what types of careers are you pursuing? Are you satisfied with the success you've attained/ income level/ quality of life?

N/A- but i'll tell you this. my quality of life right now would not have come this quickly if i didn't go to college. the opportunity i have now is because of school. :goodjob:

**** NOTES****

remember that college will not guarantee you anything in life. i've seen people with masters degrees working at subway yet i've seen people without a degree working upper management of reputable firms.

** A DEGREE IS ONLY TO ENHANCE YOUR FOUNDATION. **

i can only accept someone's decision not to finish college when they are forced under circumstances. when you say you don't like homework, nothing interest you, feel that you can succeed without a degree while your family is supporting you, i'd have to call you an unappreciative prick!!! :slap: :nono:

do you know how many people would love to be in your shoes? do you know how fawking lucking you are??

if you are serious about dropping out, then do us all a favor and do your RESEARCH!!!!! go to the career center and talk to people. go interview people working in the real world. make contacts. hopefully then you'll realize what you have to do to be happy and if college is necessary for you.

you say you love cars, and so does everyone else on this board. i've been driving since i was 12, working on them since i was 14. i would say i have a decent amount of knowledge about car mechanics, electronics and audio but i soon found out from RESEARCHING how difficult it was to be in the automotive industry. i'm pursuing my engineering degree because of cars, but from time and talking to others i realized i should leave more options to myself just in case i can't get into the automotive industry. btw, i resent your comment about mechanics!!! apparently you haven't worked on cars enough to appreciate the knowledge and craft they possess. h:

college just gives you more opportunities. nothing is going to be handed to you like the way you think. why did i get a co-op versus other people in my engineering department? cause I got off of my ass and took advantage of my opportunities. i did my RESEARCH. it's all about utilizing your resources, where college comes in handy

so stop sitting on your lazy ass bitching and complaining while your family is supporting you and GO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!!

:thumbup: