Old 11-12-2003, 07:48 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Went to school at night for 3 yrs (just 3 courses shy of associates) Was offered a full time job in IT Field, and quit going.

2) I wouldn't say I'm happy yet. I do make above average money, and live comfortably, but sitting behind a desk is not my ideal job.

3) Not sure on this one. I have a friend that just graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree, and sells cars because that is the best job he could find. Had I stayed in school I would probably not have as good a job as I currently do (atleast not right now with this market).

4) I think I've done really well considering the circumstances. Even though I'm not passionate about computers, and would love to also change to the automotive field.

What I've decided to do is ride this job out since I would have to take a huge pay cut to change careers. I'm saving money so that when I switch to the automotive field I have enough money to help until I work my way up, and get back to my current salary. From research I'm thinking it would take 3-5 yrs to make what I make now.