Old 11-04-2003, 10:50 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need serious and honest advice. Please help.

Ok people, I'll try to make this as short as possible cause theres no real way of putting this into cliff notes...this request for advice will mostly pertain to HAN users 23 years and older.

First heres my situation: I'm 19 turning 20 in a few months, I am currently in college (my second school after withdrawing from IUP), neither of my parents went to college, nor any of my aunts and uncles or my g/f's parents. And I like to think they're all pretty well off and have ascertained some level of success in their lives. But yet all of them push me to go to school.

My problem is that I have no clue as to what direction to take in my life. I don't know what kind of career I want to pursue, wether I want to go to college or not. I want to be able to wake up every morning and love what I do, maybe its not too realistic but it is my dream. As of current, I hate college I mean I dread going and having to do the stupid amount of work required. Maybe I'm lazy I don't know. I'm not asking you guys to tell me what I should do in life, what I am asking is for honest advice.

I have seen plenty of people do so well without college, it makes me wonder why I am putting myself into so much debt, when 70-80% of people don't end up doing what they went to school for.

Here are some questions you fokes can give me advice for:

1.) Did you or did you not go to school?
2.) If not, are you happy with your decision? If so, was it worth it?
3.) Would you change whatever your decision was (go to school/not go to scool) now that you are in the "real life" working?
4.) For those that didn't finish college, what types of careers are you pursuing? Are you satisfied with the success you've attained/ income level/ quality of life?

Sorry its so long but anybody who takes the time and reads through it and gives me some useful advice would be so incredibly appreciated you guys don't even know. Please be honest and any suggestions you may have other than what I specifically asked, please feel free to reply as well..

thanks again HAN... I lub joO :kiss: