Thread: grinding???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 02:51 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hondatech
they never "fixed it" it's the same transmission morons, quit speed shifting at redline and the trans will nevr "grind". I have a 2000 Civ si and It has 34k on it, I drive it hard but I don't shift like a indy driver and my transmission doesn't grind at all. It's not a quaility problem, it's a driver problem. Honda knows this that's why they don't jump at the chance to fix it when it comes in to the dealer. trust me, I just fixed a type s cl that has 20k on it with a 2-3 shift grind. I hated every minute of that job, I had to pull the trans and rebuild the syncro's that moron screwed up shifting the car like an ass. I don't feel sorry for anyone that does this.
Woah there slow the "I'm an ass who knows Hondas better than anyone else" train down...:fawk:

Who says its driver? Its not.

My girlfriend who has an '03 Type S drives it like she's an old granny. Babies the hell out of her car for the entire of the 15k miles on it. And guess what...

second gear grinds no matter how you shift I've tried, I mean really tried to see myself if its just the way she drives and its not. Sometimes it does grind sometimes it doesn't can't do anything about it in terms of driver error.

Ever think Honda could possibly have made a slight mistake???

Probably just to keep you techs your jobs since their so reliable otherwise... :fawk: :fawk: