Old 07-13-2002, 08:28 PM
ronaldmcdonald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on gutting my '89 CRX Si

I've started stripping off a few plastic panels, carpeting, and tar. However, are there any parts in particular that I should be careful not to remove?

I've had particular trouble trying to remove the door panels, albeit I've tried to take off all the screws I can find, even the ones located next to the speakers. The top part of the door panel refuses to budge. Furthermore, there seems to be quite a bit of fancy mechanics beneath the panel, and I don't want to damage it. Should I get someone proffesional to take this stuff off?

Also, do you guys know where I can find tech articles on gutting the AC? Is this a really complicated and/or PITA thing to do? Is it one of those things where I ought to hire a good shop to do it, or can it be done just about by anyone with the proper instructions and basic tools?

On a side note, just about how much weight can I expect to take out from the CRX, before getting into very expensive stuff like replacing all the stock glass w/ plexiglass? I think it would be difficult to take out even a 100lbs, without running into something complicated.

Thanks!