View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 06:12 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 4thgen91EFhatch
i was thinkin about gettin some of the speaker covers that go on my car from the junkyard and then molding fiberglass on them to make a sealed enclosure to put the woofer of the component in and havin it point a little more towards the seat on that side if you see what i'm sayin? think that would work?
expensive/time consuming, depending on who's doing the work, but it can be done.

and alpine says the type r's only take 50rms...think i should put the usx2080 to em so they're gettin 80 watts rms?
severly underpowerd....

i need somethin to put the right signals to the sub...what should i do for that? just get some rca inline filters from harrison labs or somethin?..thanks...
some HU's now have sub controls built-in. My older Pioneer deck had easy to use ones, but the controls on my new Clarion unit are a little spread out, but sounds alot better. I'd suggest either a HU that can control it, or a cross-over.

what's the difference between the low pass and high pass...does a high pass only let through frequencies above whatever it's rated at?
:doh: common sense

high pass cuts off everything BEFORE the number. I think my JL audio amp is set at 120? something like that. I'd suggest having an adjustable cut-off so you can set it just right. Most GOOD amps have these built-in.

low pass cuts off everything AFTER the number. Both of the HU's had the same cut-off frequencies: 50, 80, 120. If I'm listening to rock/classic rock/classical/jazz/etc where I need full range, I usually have it set at 80 or 120, whichever sounds better. Rap/Techno/etc gets set to 50.

also, while I'm at it:

I'd suggest staying away from Pioneer, MA audio, Audiobahn, and all similar crap.

Although they're not everything, study up on the numbers. I used to buy because of brand names, or max power, or because I heard some setup.

Now I'm more inclined to check out the Signal to Noise ratio's, Sensitivity levels, shit like that. Then I go out and listen to them.