Notices

tein SS

Old 10-05-2003, 10:19 AM
a2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein SS

hey, whats up every one, this is my first post on this board in a long time, i got a new user name becuase i dont remember what my old one was, so dont ask. i just have a quick question, i just picked up the USDm version of the tein SS coil-overs, and i was wondering if any one new where to set them to be about equivlent to the stock ride hight, i will lower them from there, but i dont want it hella low!! so if any one could give me some info on the stock ride height, that would be great, also does any one else out there have any experiances with the SS on a DB8?? if any body wnats to here my story just let me know.
**Thank You

Later all

peace *out* --max
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Default Re: tein SS

Originally posted by a2k
hey, whats up every one, this is my first post on this board in a long time, i got a new user name becuase i dont remember what my old one was, so dont ask. i just have a quick question, i just picked up the USDm version of the tein SS coil-overs, and i was wondering if any one new where to set them to be about equivlent to the stock ride hight, i will lower them from there, but i dont want it hella low!! so if any one could give me some info on the stock ride height, that would be great, also does any one else out there have any experiances with the SS on a DB8?? if any body wnats to here my story just let me know.
**Thank You

Later all

peace *out* --max

Well, for the SS dampers, the minimum lowering drop is 1.6 inches. I have mine set up in roughly the same manner. So for the shocks, as you are prepping them for install...

Adjust the lower spring perch by threading it up the shock body until it is about 3/4" of an inch from the top of the threaded section of the shock.

Be absolutely sure to tighten both of the locking rings below the spring perch, whenever an adjustment is made. Use the spanner wrenches that came with your setup... [I assume you've bought them new..]

For an initial damper setting on my DC4, I started with 6 [out of 16] all around, but eventually settled on 4 in front and 5 in rear for daily driving. This is with the stock anti-roll bars and 205/45R16 Nittos...
It's firm, no doubt about it...but the control, turn-in and neutrality are just awesome.

PM me if you have any further questions...

And welcome to HAN...(again)

:cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-07-2003, 09:18 PM
a2k

thank you for teh reply, it was very helpful, but i have one more question now , you said that the max drop was 1.6", i am still a new driver, so i dont know will -1.6 be adiquit for winter time driving, here in illinois we do get some pretty seriouse snow, does anyone else maby an illinois resident that could inform me whether i will b ok in the winter?? also, as i raise the spring pertch, that would increase the preload on the spring, there for giving it a higher spring rate, and better handeling. also norcal, did you base your damping adjustments on ride comfort, or how much the wheels remained in contact with the pavment?? im sorry about the long rambling respose, but my x-gurl is on the phone, grilling me about y i broke up wit her, so i figured i would do something constructive with the time any way, thank you for the helpful info all, i appreciate it to know end.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:12 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Well, with 1.6 being the minimum [not maximum] drop, I think you'll be fine, so long as you arent planning on running a large front lip / snowplow :chuckles:

• BASIS OF MY DAMPING SETTINGS:
My settings are biased toward eliminating understeer, enhancing grip and reducing body roll under medium-speed corners, and the damping is definitely more firm than stock, no doubt.
Also, the spring rates [448 lb/in Front, 332 lb/in Rear, if I am remembering correctly] are linear, and their height relative to the shock will not make a significant amount of difference in terms of "preload", a term which I think is being mis-applied in this case.

• LOWERING & THE ISSUE OF NEGATIVE CAMBER:
At the minimum lowering of 1.6", the negative camber gained as a result of lowering the car has been relatively minimal, and under fairly extreme cornering, accelerated tire wear hasn't been an issue.

But if you are running softer snow tires in the winter, the inside tread blocks may wear faster than the outer blocks. So, depending on how much you intend to lower your teg, a camber kit may be needed, if you want your snow tires to last more than one winter.

Happy to help. :cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!