Thread: tein SS
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 02:12 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, with 1.6 being the minimum [not maximum] drop, I think you'll be fine, so long as you arent planning on running a large front lip / snowplow :chuckles:

• BASIS OF MY DAMPING SETTINGS:
My settings are biased toward eliminating understeer, enhancing grip and reducing body roll under medium-speed corners, and the damping is definitely more firm than stock, no doubt.
Also, the spring rates [448 lb/in Front, 332 lb/in Rear, if I am remembering correctly] are linear, and their height relative to the shock will not make a significant amount of difference in terms of "preload", a term which I think is being mis-applied in this case.

• LOWERING & THE ISSUE OF NEGATIVE CAMBER:
At the minimum lowering of 1.6", the negative camber gained as a result of lowering the car has been relatively minimal, and under fairly extreme cornering, accelerated tire wear hasn't been an issue.

But if you are running softer snow tires in the winter, the inside tread blocks may wear faster than the outer blocks. So, depending on how much you intend to lower your teg, a camber kit may be needed, if you want your snow tires to last more than one winter.

Happy to help. :cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!