Notices

1990 Honda Accord EX

Old 08-30-2008, 08:25 AM
ScoobyNewarknj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Honda Accord EX

I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX and it seems like all the parts for it are different from the LX AND DX. I don't get whats wrong with it at all. I fix a part and another one goes. Whats going on with it now is the engine is idle's up and down between 2 and 4 RPMs in park. when out of park the engine runs normal. I had my transmission swapped and I don't know at what RPM its suppose to get to before it kicks over to the next gear before it goes past 100. I usually only go like 80 or 90 and it doesn't switch gears. By the way I have an automatic. When I turn corners it makes clicking noises in the front, I believe that is my axles. The car is driving me crazy cause I can't figure it out. The car also had an engine swap before I brought it and was dropped with just racing springs on it 2 1/2 inches from the ground. I raised it back up to original hight and every since I've had more problems. Sorry bout the long thread but I need some help cause I don't want to get rid of it. I brought it on a lean for 500.00 and it looks good.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:38 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idle sounds like either a vacuum leak or a problem with the EACV and/or FITV. I'd lean towards a leak because of how high the idle is going.

Clicking when turning sounds like CV joint(s).

Since it's an EX and has a tachometer, what rpms is it running at when you think it should be upshifting? The auto on that car is a 4speed, you should be able to count the shifts to know what gear it's in. If you are cruising, just maintaining speed, at 80 or 90, it should be in top gear, 4th (assuming the gear selector is in D4).