Notices

Major Brake Problems....Please Help

Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM
micha177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Brake Problems....Please Help

First off i have a 94 integra gsr. about a month ago i replaced the brakes. i went with brembo slotted rotors, axxis pads and g stop stainless lines. right away i noticed some problems. the pedal will slowly go to the floor. so i bled the brakes again, and a third time just for good measure. this was fine for a few days, good pedal feel, and the braking distance was dramatically decreased. then the pedal starts to hit the floor again, but very slowly. so i replaced the booster first then the master cylinder a few days later. i did bench bleed the cylinder, and now it doesnt happen all the time but every once in a while the pedal will go to the floor. im all out of ideas. my clutch is slipping a little. not that i think one thing has anything to do with the other but i figured i give as much info as possible. any ideas would help.. thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Spec R

are you losing fluid?

if you replaced the master cylinder, dont count out the factor that the replacement one may also be defective as well.

what fluid are u using? some fluids out there destroy the rubber in some of the master cylinders out there.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:17 PM
micha177

im postitive that im not losing fluid. the resevoir doesnt drop an inch. im pretty sure the cylinder is good, it came off of my old car and there were no brake problems at all...but i guess after a year of sitting in my garage a seal could have gone bad...i have no clue.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by micha177
im postitive that im not losing fluid. the resevoir doesnt drop an inch. im pretty sure the cylinder is good, it came off of my old car and there were no brake problems at all...but i guess after a year of sitting in my garage a seal could have gone bad...i have no clue.
yeah its entirely possible.

did u bleed the brakes with the engine running? i know its not "required" but it helps with the vacuum assisted brake booster. plus it helps get the fluid through the abs rats nest.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
micha177

the first time i had the car off. the second the car was on and the third i used a vacuum bleeder. i hate taking my car to a mechanic but i think it might be time.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Spec R

yeah sometimes going to an experienced tech who's seen the same symptoms 100 times in his career is worth the peace of mind. especially with your braking system.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
whatinthe
The Duke of Earl

Come back with some info cuz my sh1t does the same thing. Its intermitant. I thot it was something to do with a vaccum problem because I dont loose any fluid at all and most of the time they work great. Vote for the black guy, we'll get dance lessons in our schools. Err I mean vote for the practically dead guy.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:34 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by micha177
First off i have a 94 integra gsr. about a month ago i replaced the brakes. i went with brembo slotted rotors, axxis pads and g stop stainless lines. right away i noticed some problems. the pedal will slowly go to the floor. so i bled the brakes again, and a third time just for good measure. this was fine for a few days, good pedal feel, and the braking distance was dramatically decreased. then the pedal starts to hit the floor again, but very slowly. so i replaced the booster first then the master cylinder a few days later. i did bench bleed the cylinder, and now it doesnt happen all the time but every once in a while the pedal will go to the floor. im all out of ideas. my clutch is slipping a little. not that i think one thing has anything to do with the other but i figured i give as much info as possible. any ideas would help.. thanks
I would bleed a few bottles through it. Replacing a MC causes a lot of air to get into the system so you would need to get a bottle or 2 through it to get all the air out of the abs module.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 AM
jdm_type r

u dont have a leak ur pedal wires are loose got through the actual pedals to the engine bay and check if any bolts are loose the time change in changines cylinders are just a coinsidence try it and let me know what happens
Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdm_type r
u dont have a leak ur pedal wires are loose got through the actual pedals to the engine bay and check if any bolts are loose the time change in changines cylinders are just a coinsidence try it and let me know what happens
Holy shit dude do you even know what you said?? I can't make anything out from that pile of words.