Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

does anyone here have a hondata or a aem management system

Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
danksanatra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone here have a hondata or a aem management system

i have a 01 gsr motor in my 96civic and i wanted to get a hondata s300 for my car to upgrade my ecu.i have a 97 gsr ecu running my 01 gsr motor.but before i get a hondata ecu,i wanted to know if anyone had one or the aem management system.and if you do have either do you like it.o'yea i forgot,i goin all motor so if any one has one and is all motor leave me some feed back.and in case you are wondering why i want one is bcuz im trying to reach my goal of haveing at least 215whp or at 200whp,i know i can port and polish my motor and get better cams and camshafts.but i also want some ecu upgrade too.so if you can help a brotha out.lol

96civic w/01 gsr motor
act clutch kit and prolite flywheel
dc 4-1 header
skunk2 exhaust and intakeifold
v2 cold air
15'rota group n rims and kumo195 tires
Old 10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
dubcac
I

You have no need for either until you have a built motor, or boost. Sorry to say, but you won't be close to 200whp with just bolt ons. Gonna need a lot more than that.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 PM
danksanatra

lol yea i know,i just got back from a import shop and they were saying the same thing.yea gonna cost me about 3 to 4 grand to get around that much hp.i can get a turbo for that much and get 200+hp ease.but i want to stay all motor.so i think im just gonna upgrade my cams and camshaft to toda's.for about $1000 and just say fuck it.that should at least put me in the mid 180's-low 190's whp.i hope

96civc w/01 gsr motor
skunk2 exhaust and intakeifold
act clutch and prolite flywheel
dc4-1 headers
v2 cold air

team gravity 459"its all fun and games til my vtec kicks in"
Old 10-11-2005, 05:28 PM
dubcac
I

If you want to make good power all motor, it'll cost you. Find yourself a B20 bottom end out of a CRV, replace the rods and pistons, go with a higher compression, balance the crank, and get some decent cams...that'll put you well over 200whp with hondata.

Figure a bottom end will cost you around $600, rods and pistons $800-1k with rings and bearings, $100 to have the crank balanced and polished, cams $600 or so, springs & retainers $350, hondata+tuning $600...

If you want to see some dyno sheets of various setups, check out www.importreview.com . They have a ton of dynos with different cams, compression ratios, and displacements.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
97civicEXVTEC

ITR cams and pistons
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 PM
dubcac
I

That will not make 200 whp.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

Originally Posted by dubcac
That will not make 200 whp.
what are you talking about?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:00 PM
B16a2VTIguy
Built B16a

I'm dont understand why a GSR with ITR cams, pistons and bolt ons and a hondata s300 wouldnt make 200bhp when a Standard ITR makes 185-190bhp?
This may sound dumb but is whp horse power at the wheels?? because most people in UK go by BHP which is at the crank.....i'm confused! Help
Soz if this sounds dumb but we dont have the GSR in the UK is it similar to a itr only with less compression (pistons) and a less aggressive cam profile?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:49 PM
nblanton

the ITR motor is very similar to the GSR motor, except for the intake manifold. The GSR uses a two stage setup like the old MKII MR-2 Turbos had(it's the only car that I could think of that had it in the US and UK). It's supposed to help bottom end torque, but most people who are serious about there cars get an intake that eliminates it completely. The bore and stroke are the same as are the valve sizes. The cam specs are better and the compression is a lot higher. Also the ITR has a higher red-line, bigger throttlebody and comes with a 4-1 header.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by Illegal B16
what are you talking about?
A GSR with just ITR cams and pistons won't break the 200whp barrier.

Originally Posted by B16a2VTIguy
I'm dont understand why a GSR with ITR cams, pistons and bolt ons and a hondata s300 wouldnt make 200bhp when a Standard ITR makes 185-190bhp?
This may sound dumb but is whp horse power at the wheels?? because most people in UK go by BHP which is at the crank.....i'm confused! Help
Soz if this sounds dumb but we dont have the GSR in the UK is it similar to a itr only with less compression (pistons) and a less aggressive cam profile?
WHP is hp at the wheels, yes.

Originally Posted by nblanton
the ITR motor is very similar to the GSR motor, except for the intake manifold. The GSR uses a two stage setup like the old MKII MR-2 Turbos had(it's the only car that I could think of that had it in the US and UK). It's supposed to help bottom end torque, but most people who are serious about there cars get an intake that eliminates it completely. The bore and stroke are the same as are the valve sizes. The cam specs are better and the compression is a lot higher. Also the ITR has a higher red-line, bigger throttlebody and comes with a 4-1 header.
The displacements are identical, ITR cams are slightly more aggressive, the head has a slight port/polish and valve job, and the compression is SLIGHTLY higher...not a lot higher. In the US, the ITR is 10.6:1 whereas the GSR is 10.0:1...not a big difference. The higher redline comes from better valvetrain components.