Notices

Rad fan not comming on

Old 05-25-2005, 07:44 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rad fan not comming on

Well for the past couple weeks...well months actually my car has run past the 1/2 mark, but never over heated yet. Well today after about 1/2 hr drive i popped the hood and rad fans are not on. Drove the other 10min and checked again. Still dont work. Put the AC on and both fans come on.

ECT sensor?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:08 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

There is a coolant temperature switch that controls the radiator fan operation when the AC is turned off. Since the fan came on when you activated the AC, it is very likely that the coolant temp switch is dead.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:28 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
There is a coolant temperature switch that controls the radiator fan operation when the AC is turned off. Since the fan came on when you activated the AC, it is very likely that the coolant temp switch is dead.
My thoughts exactly. The chances of it being the switch are great.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Can you please tell me where this is located? Need to be replaced totally? I have to go to the dealer to get the stabilizer end links, so i might as well pick this up while im at it.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:16 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by a_integra_87
Can you please tell me where this is located? Need to be replaced totally? I have to go to the dealer to get the stabilizer end links, so i might as well pick this up while im at it.
My Helms manual is packed up in storage right now but I believe the fan switch is located under the IM on the driver's side of the car. Replacing it is easy...unclip a plug and unscrew the fan switch. Installation is the reverse of removal. The part should not be more than $50 at the dealer.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:56 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™

Does this mean that if my fans don't ever come on, it is unlikely that buying a new switch will solve my problem? Also, how do I test to see if the fans themselves still work? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
ACT I

well i think you said that when you turn the A/C on they both come on so i would think it was working. Also what if you have the reverse problem my fan doesn't turn off. I can park the car for a half an hour come out side and still hear the fans on. My mechanic said its a honda glitch as long as your battery is ok i'm fine is this true.