Notices

S2000 or MR-S

Old 05-10-2004, 10:23 PM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 or MR-S

Alright I have an upcoming dilema. I think I may want to trade my Integra in for a new car pretty soon, now that college is coming up fast. I want a really High Class look and I really think the MR-S can give me that, but the S2000 has way better looking interior. I have been a Honda/Acura Fan for the past 3 years and that may make me biase on my decision. No I have not test-driven a MR-S before, but I have driven an S2000, not hard though, it was my uncle's friends car and he let me drive it around the block because I kept staring at it. The thing that makes me like the Exterior of the MR-S more is because of its Porsche-Like Headlights, looks like an small exotic car, and also its a Mid-Ship. I just need some opinions on what you guys thing about the Looks (Interior and Exterior) of both cars, Performance, Re-Sale Value, Daily Drivability, Insurance rates, and reliability. And also what would you guys have bought (MR-S is a bit cheaper).
Old 05-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Sebring_S2k

Performance wise, the S2000 will spank a MR-S, the looks are subjective.

S2000 will be more expensive obviously, but it comes with HID's, bigger wheels, leather std, 6-speeds and a power top
Old 05-11-2004, 06:54 AM
nextgenholmes
Senior Member Wannabe

mr-s is also a lot smaller. i have driven one on a 60 mile trip and i truely felt cramped (im only 5'10") but in my s2000 i felt more comfortable (50 hour trip from minnesota to texas and back) for everything. but of course price still comes into fact. the mr-s cheaper then the s2000 but its been said before ur giving up things on that too.

choice is yours. best bet would be to drive both and choose which ever feels the most comfortable.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:15 AM
98cwitr
Where's the DC5R???

s2000 is the best car overall under $35k to me personally in the new car market. Great looks, amazing handling, RWD, and it being a conv. just makes it more appealing.

MR-S...please. It looks like a frog and has no power. The only reason it hangs with a Celica GTS (kin) is because its so light and the motor is sitting on the wheels. jm2c. To each his own though
Old 05-24-2004, 03:04 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i like the mrs but ive come to terms with the fact that it is slow. if i was in the new car market, id give it serious consideration but given the extra money, id buy the s2k for more power and features.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:50 PM
syclone

i still like the s2k over the mr-s.. by a big margin too..
Old 06-04-2004, 05:50 AM
The Hoth

If you like a sporty car for the looks and stuffs, buy MR-S.

If you like a sport car for the performance and the looks, buy S2000.

It should be a pretty easy choice.

Good luck!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:07 AM
94JDMEG

I haven't driven the MR-S but have driven many S2000's. I can't believe you are comparing these two cars. The Honda S2000 is in another class in my opinion. The only complaints that can be made about the S2000 are far and few and really only exist for the following reasons. Let me explain.
Someone might say
- not much interior room
- not much trunk space
- hard to see with top on - this increases w/hardtop (blindspots)
- firm ride
- not as comfortable to drive around town to grocery store etc.
- small powerband, needs to rev high to make its power

All of these really amount to nothing in a way. I mean you can't judge a sports car on family sedan features. The S2000 is a tribute to Honda's FI racing history and a tribute to VTEC technology and Soichiro himself. This car is Honda's true sports car. It does want to be driven hard and out-performs many others at the track. It is a race car in a reliable package. With the highest HP/L output of any other naturally aspirated 4-cylinder engine (120 HP/L), a 50/50 weight ratio, and a motorcycle like 9000 rpm redline, the S2K is a true supercar. I think that when they built the S2000 they made it perfect. Others may say that it was made better with the new one in 2004. No matter your opinion I think it is apparent that the Honda S2000 is one of the best roadsters ever built.
Toyota's are really great cars too. Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in the world without a doubt. Then so does Honda. My pick would be the S2000 this time hands down. My first drive hitting VTEC took my breath away. I would say each drive after that, even when not driving spirited was the same. I have driven too many to count. 2000's-2004's. I worked at a Honda dealership for 2 years. I have worked on them and driven them and would recommend it to you! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PURCHASE!
-Charlie
Old 01-12-2005, 10:14 AM
bridow

id get a miata over the mr-s unless youre going to dump some $$ into it...then itd just make sense to get the s2000

my friend got an mr-s and did the celica swap with 6speed...was pretty surprised he was still slower than me and my car is stock
Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 AM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

Eh, this is pretty old...I sold the GS-R for another Integra

Quick Reply: S2000 or MR-S