Notices

Apexi World Sport Catback Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
RufusAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi World Sport and Scraping issues.

I have a 94 ls and have been looking into the Apexi World Sport but have read about some scraping issues on some of the reviews on www.carreview.com. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think I will have an issue? Here is my setup.

Tokico HP 1.5" drop shock and spring set.
15 Enkeis with 205/50-15.

I was also going to get a rear sway bar but have heard issus about rubbing against aftermarket exhausts too.

Thanks for the help...
Old 12-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Creep

Like scraping the ground?

I'm about 1.5" down and I've never scraped my WS.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:49 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

mine used to vibrate against the LCA but i took it to cole muff and they heated the brackets, adjusted it, and its been perfect ever since.... i love the system
Old 12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
ZimZimma13
Boston Dirt Dog

I got a 98 Civic...I have the WS and I posted a similar thread in the civic forum a few weeks ago here

there are a bunch of pics there from underneath the car as to how mine looks if it helps at all. I'm on Groundcontrols with the front wheels barely tucked (with my 17s and 205/40) and the back has about a 1.5 to 2 finger gap.

IMO i think mine hangs too low too, but everyone in the civic forum said theres was the same so:dunno: It is sturdy as hell tho. The only time i scrape is over these big long speed bumps here at school..I have to go over sorta crooked to not scrapeh:

edit: exhaust isnt pictured in sig, and suspension was adjusted after that pic:thumbup:
Old 12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
drive4show

Default Similar set-up to RufusAZ

Hey RufusAZ!

We have a similar set-up, except mine is a 98 GS-R sedan.

I have vibration issues between the Skunk short-shifter and the larger-than-stock Apexi piping. Either alone is probably OK, but put both mods together, and it touches at certain engine revs. I've bent the Apexi supports up, which causes the Apexi to drop lower, but I have to get under the car and bend those metal supports a little more.

(It would be better/easier if I could find longer rubber hangars, but nothing at Autozone looked long enough.)

So yeah, Apexi hangs lower. Notice I have the same Tokico HP drop as you.

I scrape on speed bumps if I go too fast. Depends on speed bump design and my speed.

But I'm willing to put up with the vibration and the scraping.... the mods were worth it.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:48 AM
So.Cal_INTEGRA

Default Apexi World Sport Catback Installed !

Well, I just got my Apexi WS installed last night at the local performance shop (props to Kamikazi Racing) and let me tell you, this Catback could not sound any much better! Those guys at Apex-i did a great job. The sound is great! A deep clean tone yet not rice like bees in a can. It kinda sounds like the stock 350z ,quite untill you push the gas and then a clean deep purr.

Its really nice looking too, looks like the IS 300 but polished. And I can feel the power in the mid to high ranges.

All in all, I give it an A ! So go out and buy your WS :thumbup:
Old 12-13-2003, 05:29 PM
tegon-gsr

yeah i got the same exhaust on 95 gsr and i painted it flat black for the stock look and people aways say man thats a nice exhaust they think its stock at first until it gets loud when vtec hits.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:36 PM
tegon-gsr

no you shouldnt have a problem unless your in a lude
Old 12-13-2003, 06:00 PM
Shore 96 Teg
I miss my 93 VTEC Lude :(

how much is a WS and how does the volume compare to that of a Thermal? I want the quieter of the two. Im looking for a more reserved setup cause i dont want to draw too much attention to the car and i dont want people to turn around 2 blocks away cause my exhaust is friggin loud.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:53 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i havent heard the TRD but mine is quieter than my friends eclipse and nowhere near as deep... mine sounds very close to stock, sometimes it growls a little bit deeper