Notices

ABS light comes on after lowering car

Old 10-12-2003, 06:34 PM
GCEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light comes on after lowering car

My brother, me, and our friend just got lowering his Integra with new shocks and springs, everything is fine with the car, but the ABS light came on.

Drove the car around, no strange squeaks or rattles, and I took a couple of hard stops and the tires locked up so the ABS is definitely not working.

We know for sure that nothing in the front was damaged because all we had to do was push around the brake lines, but I think in the back we may have stretched some wires when we were removing/installing the struts.

I'm a Civic guy, usually post in the Civic forums, you guys help a brother out. TIA.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:24 PM
ChizzleC

A sensor is probably not working/reading right.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You have to be very gentle around ABS systems, esp. the older systems like that used in the 90-93.

You probably did damage a sensor.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:14 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Sounds like you damaged one or both of the rear ABS sensors. Your local Acura dealer can diagnose this for you...if they are cool like mine they will do it for free and let you know the cost to replace it...make sure to get any part numbers from them so you can look online for cheaper.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Jay Jay

I did the same damn thing on my GS-R. Damaged the right rear wheel speed sensor. It cost me $250 to fix. You can do the diagnostic test yourself with a paper clip. I don't have the link to the codes though.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:26 AM
GCEX

Ok, we used a ghetto Haynes manual and jumped the service connector, gave us a code "15". Translates to wiring shorted to body or shorted to power. Going to jack up the back and take another look at the wiring, hope we can fix this stuff on our own.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Jay Jay

Originally posted by GCEX
Ok, we used a ghetto Haynes manual and jumped the service connector, gave us a code "15". Translates to wiring shorted to body or shorted to power. Going to jack up the back and take another look at the wiring, hope we can fix this stuff on our own.
I think mine was a code "17"