Thread: 98 Accord Dash Lights flicker intermittently (door ajar, battery, brake lamp)

98 Accord Dash Lights flicker intermittently (door ajar, battery, brake lamp)

All four door ajar lights, brake lights and the battery lights come on when I rev then engine, or when I don't rev the engine at other times. I can play with the fan and they will go off as well. This happened a ways back not too long after service but has caused no obvious problems.

I have seen a few others with this generation (98-02) accord have had the same problem and made some posts on the net, but I have never seen anyone post feedback or a response of what it could be.

Anyone know the solution?

seems like alternator.

17V when running

I noticed today the battery is the normal 12.7 volts with no load but just over 17 volts with running and I believe it should be about 14.5 So if I turn on some load the dash lights go out. hummmm

Alternator. It's a common problem on 6th generation V6 Accords which came with a crap Delphi alternator. Your voltage regulator is cooking off. Replace the alternator before it takes out your battery too and leaves you stranded.

Thanks for the feedback!

wtf 17volts? careful your car electronics ECM, PGM might be burned with that much power, better get it checked out asap also the voltage regulator is damaged or is going !
    MECP Certified
    Alarm/Car audio wiz

Quote Originally Posted by Deo View Post
    All four door ajar lights, brake lights and the battery lights come on when I rev then engine, or when I don't rev the engine at other times. I can play with the fan auto body part and they will go off as well. This happened a ways back not too long after service but has caused no obvious problems.

I have seen a few others with this generation (98-02) accord have had the same problem and made some posts on the net, but I have never seen anyone post feedback or a response of what it could be.

Anyone know the solution?

Probably the alternator my friend.. Dunno if having it rewinded will make it work
    Last edited by kerpal; 03-07-08 at 09:39 PM.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura