Notices

6th gen COUPE OEM LIP KIT

Old 12-20-2003, 11:06 AM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th gen COUPE OEM LIP KIT

Ok, so heres the plan. I just sold my 5th gen coupe a few weeks ago, so right now im in the market for something new. I was thinking about possibly getting a 6th gen coupe 98-00 so i can get the the OEM lip kit and possibly mix and match with wings west or something else that is clean. I want to keep this car simple and clean, nothing that is screaming look at me, just something subtle and very clean. NO loud exhaust or anything like that. So the question is, do they still sell the OEM lip kit from honda or anywhere on the web. Ive done a few searches, but haven't found much. If honda has it, i can get it cheap b/c i work within a chain of car dealerships that all work together, and i can get parts at cost from any of those dealerships. I still need to make a trip to the dealership to see what i can get. But i was also planning on the acura cl/tl exhaust similar to JSchmids b/c i want to keep all the parts OEM, whether it be from honda or acura. so if anyone has any ideas as to where i can get some of this, or even some other ideas about subtle upgrades, feel free to post. thanks.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:31 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

www.handaaccessories.com should have the oem lip kit
Old 12-20-2003, 11:34 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Default Re: 6th gen COUPE OEM LIP KIT

Originally posted by SWOOSHER21
. But i was also planning on the acura cl/tl exhaust similar to JSchmids b/c i want to keep all the parts OEM, whether it be from honda or acura.
oh, almost forgot ... the comptech exhaust is the best looking for 6th gen V6's. it's almost stock in can size, and the tips match the car perfectly. the deep tone is also a plus.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:43 PM
jschmid

Sweet, come over to the 6th camp.

You should just get the whole OEM lip kit if you can find it in your color.

Exhaust: I'd say either the CL/TL-S you mentioned or the comptech's Eklypse mentioned. If you get an I4 either one will require custom piping/welding.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

magnaflow sounds sick on the v6's... and on some of the 4 cyl's I've heard it on it sounds pretty good as well. not real loud or obnoxious at all
Old 12-20-2003, 02:39 PM
ODUB
Banned

get a GReddy EVO
Old 12-20-2003, 02:40 PM
ODUB
Banned

mold that lip kit in
Old 12-20-2003, 07:04 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

i had the EVO on my 5th gen, it is sitting in my garage right now. as for the CL/TL type S exhaust......im going to be looking for a 4 cylinder (wont be hard to find at all) b/c i cant stand auto's. i drive them all day at Lexus and it just kills me. My 5th gen was a manual as well as my sisters 6th gen coupe. Do you have to get the two mufflers and then do custom piping, or did you get the entire catback and modify it as needed. I know there is no difference between the rear bumpers for the v6 and 4cylinder, but what about underneath. are the hangers still there for the exhaust?