Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

FS: '88 Prelude Si, four wheel steering - MN/WI

Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 PM
4WS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '88 Prelude Si, four wheel steering - MN/WI

1988 Honda Prelude Si 4WS. Factory installed fully mechanical four wheel steering system works beautifully.

(click for photos)

Important details:
-Automatic transmission
-226,000 miles
-Original engine, as far as I know - I replaced the head gasket and timing belt at 221,000 miles
-Southern car - minimal rust
-Clean, well maintained

Areas needing improvement:
-The car leaks coolant from the back of the engine block. It might be a hose, a corroded freeze plug, a bad fitting . . . I don't know. Coolant and oil do not mix, and the leak does not affect driveability as long as it's kept full.
-Three of four upper control arms have bad bushings. I'm told these need to be obtained through a Honda dealer at $150 per corner. Again, not a safety or driveability issue - just an annoying clunk on bumpy roads at low speeds.
-Stock exhaust system is rusted through from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe.

I've daily driven this car for about half of the past two years. Four wheel steering is much more fun than you might think. The car has served me well on numerous interstate trips between Duluth, MN and Milwaukee, WI (400 miles each way). I'm simply selling it because I have too many cars and need to clear out the driveway.

Asking $750. I'll be glad to address any questions you might have.

-Ian