Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

F/S T/W 88 CRX DX, Si Swap, Susension, wheels, no rust!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:01 AM
primetimeDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S T/W 88 CRX DX, Si Swap, Susension, wheels, no rust!

Recently I paid off my CRX, I am testing the waters on it now since I am waiting for the title in the mail. I have had a lot of experiences with this car, done a lot of unecessary work, and spent way more then I should have. I bought the car for $850 with 3 flat steelies, stock DX motor, and no exhaust. Since I have replaced a lot of parts and definately made a turn around with the car. the best part, I have not yet been able to find any rust on the undercarriage or car and it has a clean title.

Details
Honda CRX DX
5-Spd
241k on Chassy
Body all primer (No rust)

Rebuilt D16A6 motor installed (runs really strong!)
D16A6 Tranny with Brand New OEM (from Honda) flywheel and XTD Stage 2 Clutch (chirps into 3rd)
Si Shift Linkage
Short Shifter w/ knob
New Plugs/Wires/Dist. cap/Rotor button (NGK Wires/Plugs)
New Timing Belt, Thermostat, water pump (All from Honda Dealer)
New Headgasket, Seals through out (to inc. oil pan, valve cover, spark tubes, steel exhaust mani, intake mani, TB, valve seals...etc.)
Cleaned and balanced stock injectors
New Full size battery
New OEM Fuel pump (from honda Dealer)
New Rear Hatch Shocks
Generic Cold air Intake with AEM dryflow filter
4-2-1 Header
2.5" header back BLOX racing exhaust (no cat only resonator) w/ silencer
Tokico Blue Struts
Ebay Coilovers (dropped pretty low)
Megan Front Upper Strut Bar (Blue)
Megan Rear Upper Strut Bar (Blue)
Megan Rear Lower Tie Bar (Blue)
BLOX racing Rear control Arms (Blue)(Replace the 88 control arms)
15" Konig Wheels (Very Light)
Nitto 455 195/50/15 tires (lots of tread left!)
Clear Projector headlights
Clear corner lenses
Custom Gauge pod (mounted in center location where clock Vents were) Made out of fiberglass, meant to hold (4) 52mm gauges. All wiring for boost gauge, volt gauge, and oil pressure already run. Gauges NOT included.

THE CAR HAS BROKEN DOWN!! DON'T HAVE TIME OR EFFORT TO FIX IT ANYMORE. ALSO NOW MISSING A CORNER LENSE!!

The Bad
-Main thing. When the MPFI conversion was done, it was done wrong... well not wrong, just not normal. the SI harness was put in, and a couple body harness wires were cut to make the SI harness function properly. The PM6 ECU, resistor box, and the Full Si motor are all in there, installed and run strong, but the car burns rich. I was going to do redo the MPFI conversion, but I have decided to get rid of the car instead because I am in need of money, and I do not need 3 cars and a bike... unfortunately, this car does not win over the 06 Si or the 93 MR2T. I have a post on here that shows the current condition of the wiring, so someone with some time and technical knowledge would have no problem fixing it. I am including a VIRGIN DX harness so you can redo it. All needed clips and sensor are on the currently installed harness. Again it rides and drives good, but to be perfect and not to burn rich, redoing it is recommended.
-Interior is in need of some TLC. Things I would replace are the door panels (they are suncracked), Glove box (latch is broken, but still stays closed), Seats (have tears, but have seat covers on them now), and the A/C controls... cracked when I got it, but I tried to rig it back together but it got worse. Dash has a couple small cracks as well. I was going to convert to black interior anyways, so finding a donor car is not that hard and parts are not that expensive.
-Before getting it painted I would put on a new hood ($50) and fender ($50) becuase of small imperfections.
-No A/C. I took it out because I don't use it. When I moved to VA from NC, the A/C parts went in the trash so I dont have them.

Included with the car but NOT installed:
-Home made turbo kit. includes:
D-Series Manifold
Adapter Plate
IHI turbo (from older subie)
Attachable Intake pipe
Downpipe
misc. lines
DSM BPV
Some I/C piping
Front Mount I/C
Boost gauge

-Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
-Virgin DX Harness
-Any other Honda Parts I can find around my apartment/Storage unit.

I have tried to discribe anything I could possibly think of, if I missed anything I will go back and post it. I would drive this car anywhere, the exhaust does not drone on the highway with the silencer removed, it rides smooth (may need alignment when you pick the hieght you want), but no wierd shaking or anything. Tires are great, wheels are not curbed. No grinds in the tranny, shifts smooth. I have taken the car on trips from NC to MA and multiple NC to VA trips and never a problem. I was going to B-swap or possibly K-Swap, but now I do not have the funds, nor the time and I won't in the future either.

I am gonna throw a price out there, but please make offers. I would like to get $1000 OBO

For $1000... everything above is included
OR
700 Without the rims and tires... you bring your own steelies.

stuffforme06@yahoo.com

Pics: The car is dirty!! I have not gotten a chance to wash it or vacuum it.

Tires DO NOT have uneven wear... that is the sunlight!!

Modified by primetimedx at 10:42 AM 10/26/2006

Modified by primetimedx at 12:17 PM 10/26/2006

Modified by primetimedx at 9:44 AM 10/28/2006

Modified by primetimedx at 6:53 PM 10/29/2006

Last edited by primetimeDX; 10-29-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:48 AM
primetimeDX

Bump for pics!!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 AM
primetimeDX

Car no longer runs...

Last edited by primetimeDX; 10-29-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:58 PM
primetimeDX

Updated price... 1000 for the car as it sits... or 700 for the shell incl. motor without rims/tires.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:33 AM
primetimeDX

car is sold as of right this second.