Old 11-16-2004, 10:02 AM
BNavZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1992 Civic DX swapped with JDM ITR in Northern Virginia

PRICE DROP #2 see below

Basic details of car:
- 1992 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
- Milano Red paint
- Black interior (in excellent condition)
- Back seats have been removed, but all carpeting and paneling is still intact and in great condition.
- chassis had ~125,000 or so miles on it when I got it, it probably has around 135,000 or so (I'm not sure cuz I've changed clusters a few times since I had the car and lost track)
- Complete JDM ITR swap with motor and transmission that has stock LSD. The motor had around 40,000 miles on it when i got it installed... Now it probably has about 50,000 miles and no more than about 55,000 miles

First of all, I just want to say that the car has been in an accident and needs body work. It is also not driveable only because the radiator is broken. That being said, I'd like to point out that NOTHING is wrong with the motor or drivetrain. 95-99% of the damage is purely cosmetic. The only parts that I can think of that were damaged are the radiator and the intake (I will get you stock intake piping and filter for an ITR).

The repairs needed on the car are:
- Headlight rail on passenger side needs to be pulled a bit
- Front headlights
- Front corner lights
- Front bumper
- CF Hood is damaged but I will supply the stock red hood with sale
- there is some damage on the rear driver side 1/4 panel

I haven't gotten a formal estimate so I don't know exactly how much it would cost to fix all of this. I just have a general idea from people I know.

Here is a link to a thread with pics and details on my accident:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1044058

That's all the bad stuff, and now on to whats good:

I have spent over $16,000 on this car including cost of the car. That may seem a bit much for the stuff I have, but I made sure everything was done properly at a professional shop (InlinePRO if you happen to know them). Following is a list of mods. I've tried to make it as complete as possible but I wouldn't be surprised if i left anything out...

Hondata Datalogging $200.00
Hondata s200 $450.00
JDM ITR (Integra Type R) complete swap (motor and transmission with LSD) $5,000.00
swap labor $1,000.00
Driveshaft shop Stage 2 axles $700.00
- I should still have the stock axles, I'll include these with the sale if you want.
Apex-i World Sport Exhuast $600.00
Test pipe $150.00
DC Sports JDM 4-1 Ceramic Header $310.00
JDM Header Flange and Gasket $49.00
AEM CAI $219.00 (Damaged in accident)

Black w/red stitching Recaro SRD $1,000.00
- I might end up selling these separately from the car, in which case I would replace them with the stock seats.
JDM amber clock $75.00
JDM Cluster $200.00
- I actually ended up getting a white face but later installed a black face each
one was about $200
JDM Climate control $85.00
- I just used the bulbs from the JDM cluster on the stock one.
JDM Center Console and armrest $200.00
Alpine SPR 175A Speakers ~$300 when I got them

Tein Flex suspension $1,400.00
LS Rims with Honda center caps $300.00
CF Duckbill wing from jhpusa.com $250.00
- I'll also be including the stock civic spoiler with the sale if you're interested.

Please note that I haven't included labor costs for any parts except for the swap... And as you all know, labor at a reputable shop is no joke.

I also bought a complete GSR brake set up but never got around to getting it installed which I will include with the sale:

Complete GSR brake set up with MC and reservoir $650.00
Brembo Blank Front and rear rotors for GSR brakes $102.00
Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines for GSR brakes $139.00

I also spent about $700 on a security system, but I will be taking that out of the car to use in my next car. This will leave the regulators for power door locks in the car so if you get another alarm system they just need to be wired up.

I had recently changed my AC compressor and recharged my AC so it was working 100% and blowing really cold air. I also had the car converted to R134a from R12 from a Honda dealership. In the pictures it seems like the AC condensor is damaged. I didn't really pay attention to it, but it doesnt look broken. I can take another look at it if someone wants me to.

I just want to emphasize the fact that all work done on this car was of a very high quality done at one of the best and most renowned shops. I have receipts for most if not all of the parts and labor charges incurred.

I have taken a great deal of care of the car... I've done a few compression and leakdown tests along the way to ensure the strength of the motor and all came out with excellent results. I have changed the oil every 3000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic. I just recently changed the brake pads on the stock brakes. Spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and the fuel filter were all changed about about a year ago. I was planning to change all of that stuff before the end of this year (within a month or so) until this accident happened. I haven't put on any more than 10,000 miles, 12,000 miles MAX since then.

I was soon going to get cam gears and dyno tune everything on hondata but I never got a chance because of my accident. The hondata currently is running a stock JDM ITR program. The car runs VERY strong. I'd expect a 1/4 mile time of around 13.8. My best time was a 14.001 @ 100.74 mph. This was before I got my Intake, Header, and suspension (which actually cut down a lot of wheel spin on launches and gear shifts surprisingly).

Please note that currently I am not looking to part out the car. I don't have the tools, time, or space to part out and keep the parts. The car is being sold AS IS.

I have decided to sell this car because I want a different kind of car, not because I can't have this damage fixed or have another similar civic. I've already researched a lot and it wouldn't cost more than 2-3 thousand to get another shell and just swap everything over into that car. This includes the cost of the new civic and labor from a professional shop to swap the parts from this car into the new one. I just feel like it's time for me to get a different kind of car.

I'm asking $8,000 ($7,000 if the seats are sold) OBO for the car. I'm asking only half of what I've spent on the car so please no low ballers. There is no way it would cost $7,000 to fix this damage. This car can be fixed up again and driven or easily be parted out for profit. The other best alternative would be to buy another shell and just swap everything into that. This is actually what I was planning to do until I decided to just sell this car (for a huge loss) and get a different one.

If you have any further questions, please PM me or email me at BNavZ600@yahoo.com.

Thanks...

Edit (11/22/04): PRICE DROP
I've decided to considerably lower my asking price to $6,500 obo for everything I have listed up there, or $5,500 obo for everything I have listed minus the GSR brake conversion and the Recaro SRD seats (I will put in the stock seats)...

Edit (11/29/04): PRICE DROP #2

Ok Now I'm only asking $4,500 for everything other than the Recaro seats and the GSR brake conversion...

Just a JDM ITR swap costs that much, and I'm asking that much for a complete car with MANY other mods... The car just needs some body work so it can be driveable again...

At this price you can easily do whatever you want... You can fix it and have a really nice, quick and fun to drive car... You can take the motor out and part out the rest for a good amount of profit... Or you can just part the whole thing out and make a GOOD amount of profit...

Here are some pics of the car that I have. If you need any more let me know and ill try to get some...

Old 11-18-2004, 07:53 AM
BNavZ

I know I'm asking for a lot for a car involved in an accident, but honestly I'm VERY flexible with the price. If you are interested at all in the car, make me an even half decent offer and I'll consider it... I'm just looking to get some cash for another car...
Old 11-22-2004, 05:25 AM
BNavZ

Ok, I know I was asking a bit much for a car thats been in an accident, but I was hoping to get lucky, lol.

Anyways, I've decided to drop my asking price considerably... I'm now asking $6,500 obo for everything I have listed up there, or $5,500 for everything I have listed minus the GSR brake conversion and the Recaro SRD seats (I will put in the stock seats)...

Honestly I think thats more than reasonable becase a JDM ITR motor alone goes for ~$4,500, add onto that only my Tein suspension (retail ~$1,300 - 1,400) this doesn't even take into account the stage 2 axles, hondata s200 w/datalogging, or any of the other parts. These parts alone would be for over $6,000. I'm only asking $5,500 for this stuff...
Old 11-22-2004, 03:32 PM
sleepinlude

where u located
Old 11-22-2004, 06:08 PM
BNavZ

Originally Posted by sleepinlude
where u located
Located in Northern Virginia, McLean to be exact...
Old 11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
BNavZ

Bump...
Old 11-29-2004, 08:44 AM
BNavZ

Yet another price drop...I really just need the cash! I'm now looking for $4,500 for everything other than the Recaro seats and the GSR conversion. I'll still include the stock seats with the sale so the interior will be fully usable...
Honestly, I think this is a steal because just a JDM ITR motor goes for $4,500... For this price you'd be getting Stage 2 axles, header, exhuast, Hondata s200, Tein FLEX coilovers, LS rims and a slightly damaged chassis...plus a bunch of other stuff.

If you're looking for just a motor, I think me leaving the motor in the chassis actually makes it easier to transport it cuz you can just tow the whole car...
Old 11-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Im@ge
So ugly it hurts..See?

can you part the motor?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:41 AM
BNavZ

Bump
Old 12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
BNavZ