Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.
View Poll Results: Is 20,500 a fair price ?
Too High
89.66%
Too Low
10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

For Sale: 2000 ITR - Florida - 35k Mi - Stock

Old 05-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Neal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George Knighton
the ITR will live forever as the wonderful little homologation special that it was
I had to look that one up, not something I do often in a forum, thanks.

I now just drive it to work on Fridays (just to give it exercise of course). The 3rd car payment and insurance are a bit of a sting so I suppose I'll be more motivated if it takes more than a few months at this price. Otherwise, I personally view the car as a collectors item that's almost too much fun to drive, rather than as a go-fast racer (It'd be more reasonable to start with a AWD platform if you really wanted a fantastic 1/4 mi.) As a collectible, I think the value is there, these cars don't often remain stock, and sadly, too many end up in chop shops or ditches.

Plus, you wouldn't believe the insane offers I have gotten to part out a perfectly clean and stock car or swap it for a '83 modified something-or-other. They're really entertaining.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Chris N

First of all, very nice car. Good luck with the sale. The price is steep IMO, but someone would buy it, I'm sure of it.

Originally Posted by Neal
Never Raced, Never in an accident, Never been in snow, Never had any engine modifications.
What kind of racing are you referring to? I don't really see how autocross, drag or track events have any bearing on the cost, condition of the car, or anything else. If the car was actually wheel-to-wheel racing, sure, but statements like the one above are never used in that context. I just wonder why the hell people say this, it is in no way an indication that this car is in any better shape than a car that is at an HPDE every weekend.

Snow? Engine mods? I'm really confused. Isn't it easier to say this car is stock and has avoided the elements?

Not a personal criticism. I just don't understand what the big deal is about cars that don't a) sit in the sun, b) haven't been in the rain, c) haven't been in the snow and d) haven't been raced. All the above can be remedied - and any car in 'excellent' condition as this car appears to be is taken good care of regardless of how much snow, rain, sunlight, or track time it sees.

Anyhoo - this is a For sale ad, which belongs in the vehicles for sale forum. If it was just a link or a poll and a link to a FS ad in the appropriate forum, that would be fine. But seeing how this is primarily a FS ad, I'm moving it.

Last edited by Chris N; 06-01-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Neal

Originally Posted by Chris N
I don't really see how autocross, drag or track events have any bearing on the cost, condition of the car, or anything else. If the car was actually wheel-to-wheel racing, sure, but statements like the one above are never used in that context.
Snow? Engine mods? I'm really confused. Isn't it easier to say this car is stock and has avoided the elements?

Anyhoo - this is a For sale ad, which belongs in the vehicles for sale forum. If it was just a link or a poll and a link to a FS ad in the appropriate forum, that would be fine. But seeing how this is primarily a FS ad, I'm moving it.
Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, those are just simple statements of fact. It's a lot easier to say, 'never been in a race', than to say, 'never been raced, but had it, it would have been only by professionals on a closed course, not that there's anything wrong with that'. I certainly didn't mean to imply that a car that my type R is any better than a different type R that was nitrosed and ran with a 16 psi turbo and used as a snow plow in the morning and raced every weekend but in only first gear.

But your point is well taken, I read a bunch of other ad's before wording this one, and I have to assume that anything they left out was done so intentionally. If it doesn't say 'original owner' (implying a clean title) or 'never been in an accident' then those are the first questions I would ask. I just tried to hit the highlights on the first go around and cover all the major issues quickly, but you're right, I could have made it even simpler and said 'no surprises'.

Lastly, sorry for the mis-post, the itrca forum had an itr for sale section, I sort of assumed it would go here instead of a generalized for sale area.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Neal

Default Sold !!

July 04
Congrats Eddie