Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

FS: '91 Acura Integra GS 5spd coupe in Hawaii, only 78k miles

Old 03-13-2004, 12:24 AM
BlackDA9
I love teh DA9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '91 Acura Integra GS 5spd coupe in Hawaii, only 78k miles

I'm selling my 1991 Acura Integra GS- 5 speed, 2 door, located on Maui, Hawaii. The car has only 78,000 miles on it, and was always obsessively maintained. The engine has always had regular oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic, the timing belt and water pump were recently replaced at Acura's 70,000 mile interval, and the valves are within proper adjustment. The tires, brake pads, radiator, and spark plugs are all brand new. I've been so obsessive about this car that I used nothing But Chevron with Techron gasoline, and never let anyone else drive it. It runs like a new car, every power accessory works, and has ice cold a/c. It has some very well thought out modifications, including an awesome black paintjob done a few years ago (read on for details). However the car was in a fairly minor accident and needs some front end bodywork. It technically drives just fine right now, but I have removed the bumper, headlights and hood latch to be replaced.

The body has had some very nice work done professionally- the car was originally intended to be entered in shows, but is very subtle and tasteful- no "rice" here. The door handles, emblems, antenna, and rear lock have been shaved (removed, and their holes welded shut & smoothed). You now unlock the car via a keyless entry remote- the alarm is a top of the line Viper 800. The car has the better looking '93 bumpers front and rear; and a GS-R rear hatch (has no holes in the glass for a third brake light). The paint is a custom-mixed deep black with a blue pearl- looks jet black, but when light hits it at certain angles you see a gorgeous metallic blue tint. Very beautiful effect, yet subtle. Looks very much like BMW's Carbon Black. Previous to the accident the body was in 100% perfect condition throughout.

As to what needs to be repaired: There is no frame/structural damage at all. The radiator support needs to be straightened or replaced. The front bumper support bar needs to be replaced (minor). The front bumper cover has a single dent, and could be repaired or just replaced. The hood could probably be straightened out, but would likely be cheaper to just replace it. The headlights need to be replaced; I am selling JDM headlights to fit this car in another thread, but would include them with the car if you wish.

Now for the performance mods. The engine has a polished air intake with K&N filter, DC Sports ceramic coated 4-2-1 header, and JDM Trust polished stainless steel exhaust (very rare and sounds awesome). The car is quite a bit faster than stock second gen Integras I have driven; but since it is my baby I have never abused or raced it.

The suspension consists of H&R Race springs and Tokico shocks. These are the best springs I have found (much better than the Intrax and Ground Controls I tried). The car rides firmly and contolled but not harsh at all (like a BMW, basically); and handles extremely responsively with impressive grip. The wheels are 17" copies of a classy five spoke Volk design and have *brand new* 205 width Nitto NT450 Z-rated tires. I have Lightspeed sway bars and front and rear suspension braces for the car available as well.

The immaculate black interior features '93 cloth seats (much nicer upholstery than '91 seats). The windows have Formula One Ultimate tint- the absolute best tint available: heat rejecting, has a lifetime warranty, and cost me $280 to have done. It also has a good short shifter with a nice ergonomic knob. The car is pre-wired for external amps, including speaker wires, rca's, and power cables to support at least 1000 watts.

Pictures to come.

The car is located on Maui, but I would work with an off-island buyer to have it shipped (should only be around $200 and 2 days to go to Oahu).

At this point I am just taking offers, as I am not in a huge hurry to sell the car. The body and paintwork is jaw-dropping in person; worthy of car shows or a magazine feature; but the car is still reliable and comfortable enough to be a fine daily driver. Many people have told me it is the by far nicest Integra they've seen in Hawaii, and I have to agree. It is a one of a kind car. If I were not moving to the mainland this fall and in need of money for school I would never even consider selling it.

Email mauiwowie04@hotmail.com if interested. =)