Notices

TSX review

Old 06-25-2003, 03:47 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSX review

So i was out test driving cars today and i thought i would go look at the new Acura TSX, knowing how it is the Euro Accord and all. I wasn't planning on being able to drive one, however the salesman asked if i was interested in a test drive so i figured what the hell, why not. So i took the TSX out for a good 25 minute test drive, observing how it handled and accelerated and whatnot. I was thoroughly dissapointed in the way the car felt. It was a very comfortable drive, but it did not seem like there was the advertised 200 hp backing it up. The interior is very comfortable, stylish, and well refined, along with the exterior, however, the performance of this car was mediocre. Acceleration was pathetic. It revs very slowly and you cannot feel any difference with I-VTEC. The clutch is very soft and easy to opperate, however when shifting at high rpm's the car seems to hesitate when applying gas into the next gear. Cornering is horrible. There seems to be an unusual amount of body roll and understeer. Like said before, straight-ahead driving is very comfortable and smooth, but when it comes to cornering, improvements need to be made.

So when returning back to the dealership from the test drive, i talked to the salesman and expressed my opinions. We came to the conclusion that the TSX is neither a sports car, nor a family sedan, but rather another unsuccessful attempt to combine the two areas together. For those of you interested in the TSX, consider the new Accord before the TSX. Test drive the car before making any decisions. These are only my opinions and i am no professional car analyst, however i was dissapointed with the performance of the Acura TSX.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:49 PM
integboi220

what are u compairing the car to?? ive heard good things about the tsx
Old 06-25-2003, 05:20 PM
usc

the tsx just wasn't the car for you. some people will like and buy it, you won't. for $26k-$30k, you can't really find anything to write home about (performance or luxury).
Old 06-25-2003, 05:54 PM
jschmid

Default Re: TSX review

Originally posted by SWOOSHER21
i talked to the salesman and expressed my opinions. We came to the conclusion that the TSX is neither a sports car, nor a family sedan, but rather another unsuccessful attempt to combine the two areas together.
Interesting, although I'm a suprised that the dealer would agree/say that that the car was "an unsuccessful attempt."

I'd be interested to know what car you are comparing it to as well.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:03 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Moda-way from some of the other boards traded in his Bimmer 325i for a TSX 6-speed instead of buying a new 325i coupe. He was a die hard bimmer fan too. Needless to say it must be fairly good to convert a German fan.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:28 PM
alpha

Default Re: Re: TSX review

Originally posted by usc
the tsx just wasn't the car for you. some people will like and buy it, you won't. for $26k-$30k, you can't really find anything to write home about (performance or luxury).
Originally posted by jschmid

Interesting, although I'm a suprised that the dealer would agree/say that that the car was "an unsuccessful attempt."

I'd be interested to know what car you are comparing it to as well.
agreed, and agreed.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:43 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

TSX ain't a sports car, and its isn't a luxury car. It is a nice alternative to the IS300. Since the IS300 is played out I would get the TSX.:thumbup:
Old 06-26-2003, 03:24 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

In new issue of SCC they test the TSX. It ran a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile. the car is too damn heavy and not enough power. it's still a nice car though especially for the money, but i would want something faster. a 6sp coupe is my next car.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:28 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
In new issue of SCC they test the TSX. It ran a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile. the car is too damn heavy and not enough power. it's still a nice car though especially for the money, but i would want something faster. a 6sp coupe is my next car.
Sounds a lot like an accord, which we should all remember is exactly what the TSX is. . .
Old 06-26-2003, 10:01 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

What about the Mazada 6. Would you go for thTSX over that?