Notices

Do not visit Acura of Pleasanton

Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Lorena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not visit Acura of Pleasanton

On October 3, 2007 I called Acura Service dept. to make an appointment to take in my vehicle for an oil change. The service dept. scheduled me to take my vehicle in on October 6, 2007 at 1:30 p.m. On October 6, 2007 I took my vehicle (2004 Acura TSX, Vin # JH4CL96844C001032)to get an oil change. I arrived to Acura at or about 1:25 p.m. at this time all advisors were busy and by the time they took my information I was checked in until 2:08 p.m.
I was helped by Glen Brown whom I informed that I had an appt. schedule for 1:30 and was aware that my car would be in the shop for approx. 1 1/2 hours since this is what they told me on the phone the day that I scheduled the appointment. I explained to Glen that I had a business appt. in San Francisco and needed to be out of there no later than 4:00 p.m. Glen wrote in black ink and circled 4:00 p.m. under the DATE/TIME PROMISED SECTION of their service agreement invoice. He then showed me that he had circled 4:00 oclock so that my vehicle would be ready on time. I thanked him and went to get lunch with my two friends Bertha Magana, and Trinity Dorantes that had drove up with me to the meeting. I returned to the dealer at 4:00 p.m. and asked Glen if my vehicle was ready because I needed to leave. Glen then asked me to sit in the lobby because it would be another 15 minutes. I became irritated and told him that the meeting I had scheduled was very important and I could not be late. He asked me again to have a seat at their lobby. Instead, I waited outside in front of the service dept. and noticed that at 4:15 p.m. one of the service reps. was driving my vehicle in to begin the oil change. At this time I was very upset to see that my car had sat there for 2 hours and 45 minutes and nobody had serviced it. I went in to ask for the service manager and spoke to him regarding the issue. At this time service manager (Mark Kovisto) ask me what I wanted him to do that he had no idea why that had occured. I explained to him that I had specifically asked Glen to please have my vehicle ready by 4:00 p.m. because I had a very important meeting. I asked how much longer my vehicle would take and again I was told that 15 minutes. At 4:43 my car was brought out and my keys given to me. At this time Mark told me to leave so that it wouldnt become later. He promised me that he would call me on Monday (October 8, 2007) to try and resolve something. At 6:20 p.m. I received a very unpleasant message from the clients that I was suppose to meet at 6:00 p.m. The message said that they did not want to do business with unprofessional people. They had waited over 30 minutes for us to show up and were not waiting any longer. This was not good customer service on my part. I tried calling them to explain to them what had occured but they did not want to hear it. I lost clients, spent on hotel and gas and received the worse customer service ever from Acura of Pleasanton. I have had two previous issues with them and had not returned to them since last year in July but since I have the service contract I figured that I take advantage since I am driving up in that direction and get an oil change with them. I figured that they could not screw this up. This was the worst experience yet and their crew do not know how to treat customers with respect. Instead of making the matter better they made it worse by saying rude remarks such as that all of us could just quickly shower so that we wouldnt show up at the meeting so late. I no longer want to deal with Acura of Pleasanton.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
citen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey that sucks, sounds like they dropped the ball big time. I guess the moral to this story is don't get your oil changed on the same day that you have important plans.