Notices

what do you like or dont like about the tsx

Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you like or dont like about the tsx

ambient lighting is pretty cool

im not big on the MID. i think i prefer to have all the info laid out instead of pushing a button to cycle thru it all
Old 09-27-2006, 06:01 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

whoa, a separate TSX forum. this is big news

Originally Posted by Grifter
ambient lighting is pretty cool

im not big on the MID. i think i prefer to have all the info laid out instead of pushing a button to cycle thru it all
i love ambient lighting. my accord had an orange glow that was pretty sweet, too.

i also think that having everything on the navi screen is a hassle sometimes, such as when i want the AC or heat to come on but have to wait for the screen to load. a simple fan button woulda been cool.

is there a way to back out of the Navi screen after using the map for a little? its like it'll stay on the map and i cant exit, which is annoying at night when i dont want the brightness of the screen to interfere w/ my vision

but i love the:
-handling
-styling
-HIDs
-seats
-and styling
Old 09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i don't like the traction control...doesn't completely shut off

there is a lag in acceleration when you romp on the throttle as if it was a loosely adjusted cable

anyone do the reflash here?...my wife and i are contemplating it but not sure if we'll keep the car for much longer as it's 3 years old now...we are looking at a replacement in the next year
Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by jaje
i don't like the traction control...doesn't completely shut off

there is a lag in acceleration when you romp on the throttle as if it was a loosely adjusted cable

anyone do the reflash here?...my wife and i are contemplating it but not sure if we'll keep the car for much longer as it's 3 years old now...we are looking at a replacement in the next year
never found a reason to turn off the traction control yet :dunno:

when you mean lag, you mean in throttle response or just in terms of being underpowered overall?

and i was thinking about the reflash, too, but i dont know enough about tuning my ECU and all that fun stuff. id be very curious to learn from someone whos already done it

what were you thinking in terms of potential replacements?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
jprovostla

I don't like the "center stack" which comprises the clock, radio controls & A/C controls... I much prefer the approach previously used in my Integras where they used standard radio formats so you can easily upgrade to a more powerful system anytime at very little expense...
The TSX solution is a tuner in the center stack [includes CD changer] and an amplifier under the center console between the 2 seats... very difficult to upgrade if at all... I did upgrade the speakers with an Avincar kit... excellent results...
I also don't like the torsion springs that hold up the trunk... again the Integra hatchbacks had gas-pressure shocks holding & lifting the hatch... works much better...
I think the TSX is a little underpowered but it doesn't matter much to me because I mostly drive around town...
but the gas mileage is terrible [5AT]... [I keep accurate records] in the last 10K miles [over 1 1/2 years] I averaged 19mpg??? what's up with that??? if I start driving a little more agressively then it drops to 15mpg in a hurry...
I used to drive my Integra GSR very agressively and always got close to 30mpg...
I didn't like the feel & performance of the brakes early on like many TSX owners and I didn't like the Acura solution [re-surfacing the rotors & putting on new pads every 10K miles] so I opted for more hi-performance pads [Axxis Ultimates] and the problems completely disappeared and the braking is much improved...
I didn't like the sissy tires that came with the TSX so I moved up to hi-performance tires [Bridgestone Potenzas RE750 235/45/W17] and what a difference it made in the handling...
There are still a few bugs in tha car that haven't been resolved like the moving/shifting driver's seat when braking/turning... I still haven't seen a TSB that addresses that problem???

But all in all it's a nice well-balanced machine "a la HONDA"

Last edited by jprovostla; 09-29-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
simplyredvw

I don't like that VTEC is a waste of time on the TSX.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like Acura implemented something similar to BMW's iDrive, which I hate with a passion.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-30-2006, 12:16 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

I like the styling! It looks good now and will look good ten years from now.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by jprovostla
I don't like the "center stack" which comprises the clock, radio controls & A/C controls... I much prefer the approach previously used in my Integras where they used standard radio formats so you can easily upgrade to a more powerful system anytime at very little expense...
The TSX solution is a tuner in the center stack [includes CD changer] and an amplifier under the center console between the 2 seats... very difficult to upgrade if at all... I did upgrade the speakers with an Avincar kit... excellent results...
I also don't like the torsion springs that hold up the trunk... again the Integra hatchbacks had gas-pressure shocks holding & lifting the hatch... works much better...
I think the TSX is a little underpowered but it doesn't matter much to me because I mostly drive around town...
but the gas mileage is terrible [5AT]... [I keep accurate records] in the last 10K miles [over 1 1/2 years] I averaged 19mpg??? what's up with that??? if I start driving a little more agressively then it drops to 15mpg in a hurry...
I used to drive my Integra GSR very agressively and always got close to 30mpg...
I didn't like the feel & performance of the brakes early on like many TSX owners and I didn't like the Acura solution [re-surfacing the rotors & putting on new pads every 10K miles] so I opted for more hi-performance pads [Axxis Ultimates] and the problems completely disappeared and the braking is much improved...
I didn't like the sissy tires that came with the TSX so I moved up to hi-performance tires [Bridgestone Potenzas RE750 235/45/W17] and what a difference it made in the handling...
There are still a few bugs in tha car that haven't been resolved like the moving/shifting driver's seat when braking/turning... I still haven't seen a TSB that addresses that problem???

But all in all it's a nice well-balanced machine "a la HONDA"
as far as mileage, my 6spd can literally get almost 31mpg, no lie. around the city, its about 22. overall its around 27mpg which isnt bad at all. i cant understand why the AT would get 19mpg as you said
Old 10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by TaekOne
never found a reason to turn off the traction control yet :dunno:

when you mean lag, you mean in throttle response or just in terms of being underpowered overall?

and i was thinking about the reflash, too, but i dont know enough about tuning my ECU and all that fun stuff. id be very curious to learn from someone whos already done it

what were you thinking in terms of potential replacements?
such as when you track out of a corner when the wheels slip slightly it still pulls throttle away with the VSA switched off (it actually makes you slower as you can't modulate the throttle to maximize exit speed - it makes the car hesitate and lose momentum)

it also has some lag in it as when you go to give it full gas when you know there is maximum traction - the car accelerates but not at its fullest extent

(I think the reflash cuts this tendency down substantially but I've never driven a reflashed car yet)

As for replacements we were thinking of the next gen TSX (hopefully it will have the RDX powertrain) or even a used RL (it's a heck of a car but not selling too well)