Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Going Autocrossing in 2007...?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM
sideloadhauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Autocrossing in 2007...?

I'm going to be running autoX events (STS) and some track days next year using this winter to get my car up to snuff (95 Acura integra GSR). It is no longer my daily driver and is for the most part stock with the exception of slotted rotors, hawk brake pads braided stainless brake lines, Intake and catback exhaust. I notice that seat time is the most important aspect of honing skills and lowering times but my car is tired, 135k of hard daily driving. In the process of bringing my car back from the 11yr old hard knock life I'd like to bypass stock replacement parts when I can and use parts such as: Koni/GC suspension, urethane bushings, new axles, rebuild head, new headers, etc... My question to you guys/girls already involved in the racing community is how far can/should I go and what components are no-no's in STS. I will be replacing my clutch and wonder about lightweight flywheels. Yes i have researched threads until my eyes burn but I wanted personalized feedback from intelligent folks, thats why I'm in this forum. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:27 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Get yourself a rulebook. Seems like you did all the research but the most important

But cliff notes lightweight flywheels are illegal, and you must use a stock clutch in STS. I would star away from polyurethane bushings as they are being proven to do more harm than good now.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Neo

As CivicSiRacer said, get a rulebook. You'll save yourself many a headache and heartburn. That said, here's what I remember.

Going with GCs and Konis is fine -- no problem in STS. Header, intake, exhaust are all fine too, as long as you don't muck around with your cat -- that must be OE. If you rebuild the head, then you must stay within stock specs and use stock parts to be STS legal.