Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

tire pressures

Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 PM
94blueteg
screwed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire pressures

just wondering if anyone running scca stock classes has a general idea of what i should be running for front and rear pressures on a set of yoko all seasons on a 94 teg ls. ive been autocrossing for 2 years with an e30 bmw and i just about figured out the optimum tire pressures in it but that also took me a while to figure out... ran my first event this past sunday and i just couldnt seem to get the pressures right. for the most part i had the fronts down to 33 psi (and was afraid to go any lower) with a bunch of understeer, and about 36 in the rears. just wondering if you guys had any input.

thanks,
wes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
DakarM

you want to go the other way. higher up front lower in the back. it's different from the e30.

integra is fwd
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Actually you want more pressures in the front on most cars because when turning and braking you throw more weight to the front of the car which compresses the front tires.

I would start with 45 front and 40 rears since you are using all seasons.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
ED9man
driver

On my lighter CRX I found good front grip with about 40 in the front with 195-60/R14 Azenis, I would think you'd want to go harder with soft sidewall all seasons and a heavier Integra like Mike said. Try chalking the sidewalls.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM
94blueteg
screwed

Originally Posted by DakarM
you want to go the other way. higher up front lower in the back. it's different from the e30.

integra is fwd
the e30 happens to be 4wd. its an iX, forgot to mention that. thats why i had the pressures the way they were, it also has some drive to the frond end, unlike the rest of the e30 bunch. i'll have to try the pressures you guys mentioned at the next event. im looking to get a better set of tires but it will probably wait until i get better dampers for now, a buddy of mine is looking to sell me a set of koni yellows. after i get those on the next goal will probably be to get a set of azenis on there.