Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

update/backdate

Old 09-17-2002, 06:30 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default update/backdate

You may or may not remember my recent crisis having to do with crappy stock brakes. In the quest for better braking for the street, I decided to leave H-stock behind and start building up my car for harder classes. So I bought coilovers, and a bunch of integra brake and suspention components. But just now, I realized something. Youre allowed to update/backdate your car's components to anything that was available stock in your body style/generation, right? Well integra brakes are pretty much identical to '92-'95 si brakes, right? So supposedly I could have done the brake upgrade and still raced H-stock, right?

I guess its pretty much a mute point, since I already have the ground controls. Is this epiphany of mine valid, or am I somehow misinformed on the updating policy? If nothing else, I suppose it would mean that I could build toward STS instead of mod or some other intimidating class. Well, whatever.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:45 PM
D16ROCKET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Except for modifications authorized below, Stock Category cars must be run as specified by the factory with only standard equipment as defined by these Rules. This requirement refers not just to individual parts, but to combinations thereof which which would have been ordered together on a specific car. Any other modifications or equipment will place the car in Street Prepared, Prepared or Modified Categories as appropriate.

Option package conversions may be performed between specific vehicles of a particular make and model, but only between configurations from within a particular model year. Such conversions must be totally complete and the resultant car must meet all requirements of this section.

Taken right outta the SCCA rulebook.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:07 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Originally posted by D16ROCKET

Option package conversions may be performed between specific vehicles of a particular make and model, but only between configurations from within a particular model year. Such conversions must be totally complete and the resultant car must meet all requirements of this section.

so this is the part that I'm concerned with. So does this mean that I can use '92 si brakes? Talk about confusing English.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:16 PM
D16ROCKET

As I take it no. I think they are saying you can only swap in OPTION packages like if you were able to get ABS on a VX then you could do it, but you would have to do the whole friggin thing. So since the VX did not offer 4-wheel discs.........no, you cannot do it.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:01 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

No the integra brakes will not be legal for STS.

The 1995 Civic Si came with rear discs, but if you swap that you have to swap everything that came on the car from what I understand. So if you swap the brakes, you have to do the engine, and other Si specific components.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:46 AM
D16ROCKET

He couldn't even do that because it has to be from the same model year.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:38 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

'92 si had rear discs