Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

I need take curves better.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
KarrNtegGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need take curves better.

Does any one have some diagram drawings of curve driving instruction. I want to be able to take curves faster with out killing my self, brakes and tires. Or totaling my ride.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

For what the street?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 AM
waaBAAH

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
For what the street?
lol....let me think about this one....ouside...inside....watch our for car...outside.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
KarrNtegGSR

Default Yes

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
For what the street?
Yes, I live on a road that looks like a desert rattle snakes trail in the sand. It is well taveled by weekend bikers for a good reason to. I am not really interested in racing any body in these curves. Just want learn to drive better, have more fun in the curves, and with more confidence & control.
( (
\ \
) )
/ /
( (___
\___ \
/ :driving:
Old 02-11-2006, 11:32 PM
DakarM

either way keep it off the streets. it's pretty darn near impoosibly to learn how to drive by reading. you have to go to a track or autox and have an exprienced driver tell you what you're doing wrong. you can read about theory all day but if you aren't executing them properly, then there is no point.

also i don't want to tell some how to "take curves better" not knowing one capabilities to begin with.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.

Last edited by DakarM; 02-11-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by DakarM
either way keep it off the streets. it's pretty darn near impoosibly to learn how to drive by reading. you have to go to a track or autox and have an exprienced driver tell you what you're doing wrong. you can read about theory all day but if you aren't executing them properly, then there is no point.

also i don't want to tell some how to "take curves better" not knowing one capabilities to begin with.
Amen. Experience is the only way to get quicker. Books do help on knowing what lines to take, but those books are a general way of learning. Nothing better than hands-on-experience by autocrossing or doing track days.

Plus the cost of messing up your car on a "deserted road" is even too great. If you spin at an autocross the worse thing that can happen is you nail a cone or two. Spin on the road and you can die or really mess yourself up.

This is my 8 year autocrossing coming up. I learn something new every year. I thought I knew everything about driving the 1st time I went out til I got spanked by like 10 seconds by a Subaru Legacy GT (station wagon) with my highly modified Civic.

Take some novice schools this spring when your region offers them. Get as much seat time as you can - either from:
1) having an experienced person ride with you
2) having an experienced person drive your car
3) riding with an experienced driver

I remember my 1st year I rode with everyone I could and had everyone drive my car and such. Second year I took an Evolution School and dropped alot of time compared to my peers. Now I'm our regional instructor and sometimes asked to help out with other regions. For the past 4 years I've done no less then 30 autocrosses PER YEAR. Last year I did 40 I believe.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
KarrNtegGSR

Thank for your insight.