Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Need help on a road racing car

Old 12-20-2004, 04:41 AM
drprince89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on a road racing car

Ok this sucks because if i post it in the lounge more people will see it but then theyll send me here but anyway.

Down here Circuit is very popular, we have a Circuit CRX the class is called PM1 which is modifired production 1 in spanish, our track times are about 133.3 or so (youll be able to see our track when grand am comes down here next year in March I'll give yall a heads up).

Anyway heres whats happening,

THe CRX parts are getting hard to come by, so were going to build a circuit hatch in the states then import it as a body and then the engine seperately if we get an engine at all, this is where you guys come in, first i need a hatch thats wrecked or crashed with no frame damaged but im leaving the hatch for last because we need to see how much we invest in parts before we actually do anything. So I need to get an estimate on what we'll invest:

We need a suspension with coilovers were probably going tein or Tokico

We need gauges defi are sorta expesnive so we need an autometer tach, water temp, oil temp, oil press., and a pyromter

We need Sway bars front and rear

We need lightweight racing wheels, we want something that costs less than 1g with tires so nothing over the top, I was thinking rotas but i dunno how much they cost

For the engine all we would really need would be adjustable cam gears.

For the interior we would need a good steering wheel and a good but inexpensive buckt seat but the type that wont recline.

And then we need an estimate on a roll cage.

Also itd be great to find a place that sells used race cars or something but it has to be honda's.

Also any little circuit car accesories like har nesses and that stuff and the switches to turn on the ignition and all that.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'd find a shop that can procure the car and parts, put it together, and then put in a cage

i've got a brand new d16a6 (crx si) dizzy for sale if you are interested (i figure you might be using the si motor and not a b series swap)
Old 12-23-2004, 12:04 PM
drprince89

Thats what were currently pushing in our rex but thanks for the offer.