Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Killing cones

Old 10-04-2004, 05:10 PM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killing cones

My philosophy on killing cones is if you know you're gonna hit the poor bastards just hit them with all you got. Show no mercy because they sure ain't my friends. h:

I felt this strange happy feeling when I nailed the cones on my last run at Grantville this past Sunday. It was "Woo hoo I showed them who is boss." But then I suddenly remembered that little voice that said "If you hit the timing light you buy it." So my next reaction was "Oh crap... look at the stopper is he happy... yes he is... so the timing light is safe." h:
Old 10-04-2004, 05:16 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

But its a difference when u take one cone down. You went gun ho with yours and decided to take them all with u..lol. At least u werent like that guy who was in the white 3000gt. He was hitting cones while pulling outta the parking space :chuckles: Or least u did better then that one kart car thingy that did a donut and wacked like 7 cones.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:20 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by darksideofjae
But its a difference when u take one cone down. You went gun ho with yours and decided to take them all with u..lol. At least u werent like that guy who was in the white 3000gt. He was hitting cones while pulling outta the parking space :chuckles: Or least u did better then that one kart car thingy that did a donut and wacked like 7 cones.
That 3000GT belongs to my brother's coworker. They should have given him a 10 second penalty for hitting those. I mean how the hell do you hit the same cone on the same parking spot 3 times in a row.

I saw that Formula car spin from my station on the track, that thing nailed those cones good.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:39 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

What time did u get home ne way
Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 PM
axemansean

What time did u get home ne way
Close to 9PM... came home... unpacked... whored HAN and went to sleep and woke up at 8:30AM today. h:
Old 10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

sheesh what time did the autoX end
Old 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
axemansean

sheesh what time did the autoX end
I left around 4PM... stopped off to pick up my stuff from my brother's house and then hit the road around 5:30PM. 'twas a long day... I was so glad when I crested Cumberland, MD and the sun was setting. The sun really messed with my eyes.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:40 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Was it the white one? There was a white 3000GT VR4 that kept going off course (3 times) so I went up to him to see if he needed help and he said "NO I GOT IT!" He went out on course and got lost again.

People need to drop the egos when they autocross.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Was it the white one? There was a white 3000GT VR4 that kept going off course (3 times) so I went up to him to see if he needed help and he said "NO I GOT IT!" He went out on course and got lost again.

People need to drop the egos when they autocross.
Yep that was him... I was next to you and I told my brother that and he said that dude has a major ego problem even at work. I seriously feel like slapping people like that, I mean you were trying to help him and he acted like an ass. Sometimes you just gotta ignore people like that and let them learn the hard way.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
FrostySol
F1 Fanatic!

yeah nailing the cones is fun IF it doesn't take you too far off line. You want to use that as a trial and error learning thing so I wouldn't blow the run completely just b/c you hit a few cones