Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Talk football with me

Old 10-04-2003, 01:40 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk football with me

I'm having trouble deciding who to start at a couple positions.

As usual I have to decide between Brad Johnson, Joey Harrington and Tommy Maddox at QB. I'm definitely starting Johnson, he's consistently put up 15 points for me every week. Both Harrington and Maddox were money in week 1 with over 20 points but have since been inconsistent. Maddox has put up around 10 points in weeks 2-4, while Harrington had two shitty games weeks 2 and 3 but put up 15 points in week 4. Maddox will probably put up another 10 point game, Harrington might have 15 points but he also might have 5. If he throws a bunch of interceptions he won't have the yardage of Maddox which is what saves that guy's ass if he throws a couple picks.

At D I have Washington and Denver. Denver is the better of the two defenses but last week Washington did a much better job and this week Denver is playing Kansas City while Washington is playing Philadelphia who to this point have not been much of an offensive threat. Their running game sucks and Washington has an awesome secondary.

So in both cases I have a solid middle-of-the-pack option and also a little less consistent option with the potential to score more points.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:04 PM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

I'd go with Maddox. Brad Johnson never throws TD's...its all defensive TD's or Alstott in the red zone...whereas Maddox has Ward/Burress and is in a passing offense. At D, I'd start Washington. KC has a sick sick offense and no team can stop them short of Tampa Bay maybe...Philly has a good offense too, but Arrington should do well as a spy on McNabb, and their D line should put good pressure on mcnabb, allowing for some champ bailey/fred smoot picks.

Cliff notes- Maddox/Washington.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I have 2 starting QB spots. I'm definitely starting Johnson so the decision is whether to start Maddox or Harrington in the other spot.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

college football > pro football

:thumbup:
Old 10-04-2003, 02:13 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by RB
college football > pro football

Old 10-04-2003, 02:36 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Yeah that's great and really helps me in deciding who to start on my fantasy team. Thank you so much for your massively useful advice.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Ecnocyte04
This too shall pass..

Well its a little late now, but I bet you are glad you didn't start Maddox. I got B.Johnson on my starting line-up tonight and I hope he performs. I got the whole game wrapped up in his performance. And thank you Jebus that Portis came back.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:24 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Unfortunately, I did start Maddox.

I have 2 starting QB spots and I decided to start him over Harrington.

It's okay though because I'm still going to win the game.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Ecnocyte04
This too shall pass..

Well, even though they had a PATHETIC loss, (nice job colts), Brad still earned me enough points for my win too. Now that the rams are back, holt/bruce/gordon are back and ready for action (they are my starting line basically). Bring on week 6!
Old 10-07-2003, 06:32 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MrFatbooty
Yeah that's great and really helps me in deciding who to start on my fantasy team. Thank you so much for your massively useful advice.