Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Limbaugh Busted!

Old 10-03-2003, 07:25 PM
sxecrow
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limbaugh Busted!

Yea ... the man you conservatives so desperately strive to be like ... busted:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/U...3Limbaugh.html

ABCNEWS has confirmed that radio mega-star Rush Limbaugh is being investigated for allegedly buying illegal prescription drugs near his Palm Beach, Fla., home. Palm Beach authorities had no official comment.

"We don't comment on investigations," said Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office.

But a source close to the investigation told ABCNEWS that Limbaugh's former housekeeper claims she helped Limbaugh purchase thousands of prescription painkillers over a four-year period — at times in the parking lot of a local Denny's restaurant. Among the drugs she says she purchased: the powerful painkiller OxyContin.

The source also says investigators have audiotapes of at least two drug transactions — allegedly with Limbaugh's voice — but these were recorded secretly by the former housekeeper, not by police.

Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates the politically focused Rush Limbaugh Show to more than 650 markets, issued a statement from Limbaugh on Thursday saying: "I am unaware of any investigation by any authority involving me. No government representative has contacted me directly or indirectly. If my assistance is required, I will, of course, cooperate fully."

If the allegations prove true, the talk show host will undoubtedly need to address some of his past comments about drug abuse.

Back in 1995, Limbaugh told his audience on the syndicated Rush Limbaugh, The Television Show that people who are obtaining drugs illegally should be held responsible.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up," he said to his audience during the broadcast.

Media Columnist Michael Wolff says Limbaugh's career might not be able to survive a drug charge.

"It would be labeled as an instance of incredible hypocrisy … Mr. Family values, Mr. Tough on Crime," Wolff said.

At risk for Limbaugh, not just his credibility, but a media empire that has earned his networks and stations more than a billion dollars since 1988.

"If this is a felony we're talking about here, than this is the end of Rush Limbaugh. That's it," Wolff said.

Limbaugh gave up his job as an ESPN sports analyst late Wednesday, three days after saying on the sports network's Sunday NFL Countdown that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.

====================================

On another note, he looks a lot skinnier now than I remember him being. Perhaps he was on crack too?
Old 10-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Falkon
still alive

That guy was awesome. It's a damn shame!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:48 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Yup he was real great.

Instead of just saying that McNabb sucks which would have been fine, he said that nobody realizes McNabb sucks because they want a black QB to do well. Doesn't he realize that almost half the starting QBs in the league are black?

But that doesn't matter because he spouts the cynical right-wing stuff that other right-wingers want to hear. Which is why he has his radio show.

Honestly I care less about any drug habit of his than his football comments. But it is nice to see him get screwed over regardless of what it's for.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:34 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally posted by Falkon
That guy was awesome. It's a damn shame!
Originally posted by MrFatbooty
Yup he was real great.

Instead of just saying that McNabb sucks which would have been fine, he said that nobody realizes McNabb sucks because they want a black QB to do well. Doesn't he realize that almost half the starting QBs in the league are black?

But that doesn't matter because he spouts the cynical right-wing stuff that other right-wingers want to hear. Which is why he has his radio show.

Honestly I care less about any drug habit of his than his football comments. But it is nice to see him get screwed over regardless of what it's for.
:slap:
Old 10-06-2003, 10:35 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Hrmm...what ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

And although he is antagonistic and a bit obnoxious he does raise good points.

And his comment about McNabb was so far from racist people gotta stop playing that card. Its like crying wolf for Christ's sake!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 AM
qtiger

I'll be sad to see him go... hours of comedy lost forever.

Maybe he'll change his mind on homosexuality after a couple of years in the slammer.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

^ :lmfao:

I wish smilies worked in here. h:
Old 10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally posted by DVPGSR
Hrmm...what ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

And his comment about McNabb was so far from racist people gotta stop playing that card. Its like crying wolf for Christ's sake!
true point, DVPGSR. I'll have to read up on this McNabb thing - I dont know what the story is, but it's probably bs.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:34 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Tell me what about this statement is not racist:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

The last two sentences taken by themselves are fine. He's criticizing McNabb. But what he prefaced it with is clearly racial. Don't try and say it's not just because he's a bastion of conservative cynicism.