Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

which round do you prefer? (gun related)

Old 09-24-2003, 05:39 PM
kento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which round do you prefer? (gun related)

i've decided to pick up a springfield xd, but can't decide which one to get. it comes in 9mm, .40 s&w and .357 sig... any one have any opinions?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:27 PM
str8edgexx

I'd definitely take a .40 over a 9mm....I've never had any experience with a .357 sig, although I have heard very good things about that round.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:29 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

What is with HAN and guns now? I think the new slogan should be...

"GUNS: Not just for rednecks anymore."
Old 09-24-2003, 07:37 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like 9mm. I heard .40 is a good round, but I have no experience with it. Don't know about .357 sig.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Slacker

It all depends on the gun... I know nothing about springfields.. but just to give you an idea. I had to make the same decision with my glock. I was stuck on either the sub compact .40 or 9mm. I went with the 9mm because they were both the exact same (size, weight, look, everything) except what they shot. When shotting the 9mm I was a dead on shot... well at first I was decent, but I would hit was I was aiming for relatively close. With the .40 I wasn't even close. Reason being the .40 had alot of kick to it. And as you go up in caliber the gun usually (not in all cases) should get bigger to compensate for the recoil. Let me just make two quick points here about being a carry gun...

1. Size is key. You want something small. Cause having a big gun on you gets annoying. At first you think I can get use to this, but na. In the end your looking to go smaller. Something that doesn't get in the way when u drive, etc.

2. 9mm, .40, .357, .45 doesn't matter. When you carry hollow points in the gun (which you will) it don't matter. I don't care who you are. The shit will knock you on your ass! Not to mention prob kill you. SO get what you think is more accurate and you have more control of (comfortable with). If your a big guy you may like the .40... but I doubt it.

Just remember... with 9mm you can usually hold more rounds in the gun (in case you miss) and they go further... not like you need them to go far or anything Cause I mean it would only be used if you felt your life was in jeopardy..... or someone was stealin your car
Old 09-24-2003, 08:10 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Matt makes good points. For a gun to carry a 9mm is alot easier and easier to conceal since it can be made small and pretty compact. You are also more accurate with a smaller caliber...I am a much better shot with his 9mm than my buddy's Glock 30 (.45 compact) but with my large hands Matt's gun is too small.

For what I would use a gun for really anything would suffice...anyone will piss their pants when they here the slide pulled back and a round getting loaded in the chamber as it moves back in place. But I figure with 10 bullets I can hit whatever I need to with atleast one shot and that is all I need.

But yeah, hollow points rock and the bullet fragments on impact.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:12 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
Old 09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DVPGSR
Matt makes good points. For a gun to carry a 9mm is alot easier and easier to conceal since it can be made small and pretty compact. You are also more accurate with a smaller caliber...I am a much better shot with his 9mm than my buddy's Glock 30 (.45 compact) but with my large hands Matt's gun is too small.

For what I would use a gun for really anything would suffice...anyone will piss their pants when they here the slide pulled back and a round getting loaded in the chamber as it moves back in place. But I figure with 10 bullets I can hit whatever I need to with atleast one shot and that is all I need.

But yeah, hollow points rock and the bullet fragments on impact.
I'm actually more accurate with a .45acp than I am with 9mm. That might be because my 1911 is pretty heavy, so it doesn't kick much. Hollowpoint (+P loaded) kicks like a mofo though, and it hurts my hand.

If carry is not an issue, a 12 gauge shotgun is a real good home defense weapon.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:31 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally posted by azn_redneck
I'm actually more accurate with a .45acp than I am with 9mm. That might be because my 1911 is pretty heavy, so it doesn't kick much. Hollowpoint (+P loaded) kicks like a mofo though, and it hurts my hand.

If carry is not an issue, a 12 gauge shotgun is a real good home defense weapon.
True...especially if you want to do damage to your placeh:

I preferred the .45 and am looking at the Glock 30 or the H&K USP 45. I am just waiting on my paperwork with the town and state right now.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:33 PM
91Accord
Huh???

I have an S&W .357 (shoots .38's too). I have been very happy with it.