Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

My asthma :(

Old 09-14-2003, 02:20 PM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My asthma :(

Suddenly aggravated itself last night, first time in over 4 years that I actually couldn't breathe. It was scary as shit coz it almost felt like my chest was about to explode. Now I'm back on steroids :sad: I hate taking them because they just kill my appetite, make me jittery... but then again they saved my life last night. Add to that the fact that I drove back to school (its a 200 mile drive) and I had to fight for my breath every mile. Wish I'd been smart and listened to my family and stayed back and rested, but I had stupid meetings that I had to go to.

Cliff notes - I feel like shit and I have another high stress meeting at 7PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:23 PM
FDragger
the F is a secret :shhh:

icy hot always helps me breathe betta :dunno:
Old 09-14-2003, 02:24 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Do you carry an inhaler with you, or is it more serious than something a puff or two on the ventolin won't fix?
Old 09-14-2003, 02:26 PM
axemansean

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
Do you carry an inhaler with you, or is it more serious than something a puff or two on the ventolin won't fix?
I have an inhaler... tried everything from Ventolin to Albuterol to Flovent... even took a special inhaler that has both Ventolin and Flovent and it didn't do crap. The steroids helped a lot, almost got no sleep last night because I kept waking up. Its better now but I still feel like ripping my chest open coz it feels like its ready to explode, might yank my Nebulizer out if it doesn't get better by tomorrow or so.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:46 PM
integboy97

sorry to hear that! i have asthma too and use an inhaler whenever and it sux! a few months ago i had to go to the emergency room because it got so bad that i couldnt breathe! my girlfriend drove me and helped take care of me...good thing or i wouldnt been screwed! anyways, they gave me a brething treatment*they taste like crap* and a steroid shot in my ass! i swear i couldnt sit comfy for 3 days! then i just found out yesterday that my employeer is cutting my insurance since i cut my hours for going to college! this bites! sorry...had to vent!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:00 PM
axemansean

Originally posted by integboy97
sorry to hear that! i have asthma too and use an inhaler whenever and it sux! a few months ago i had to go to the emergency room because it got so bad that i couldnt breathe! my girlfriend drove me and helped take care of me...good thing or i wouldnt been screwed! anyways, they gave me a brething treatment*they taste like crap* and a steroid shot in my ass! i swear i couldnt sit comfy for 3 days! then i just found out yesterday that my employeer is cutting my insurance since i cut my hours for going to college! this bites! sorry...had to vent!
I know that feeling... when I was younger I had attacks every other day and at that time I had to get intravenous and under the skin shots that hurt like crazy. I used to think that maybe the doctors could give me a lung transplant and it would be fine, thought that last night as I slept...