Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I swear I can't win, what can I do now?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:09 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I swear I can't win, what can I do now?

So yesterday I'm driving on the highway and a stupid dump truck throws a giant looking 1'' rock hits my windsheild and I was like JESUS! But it didn't crack the window. Then later that day the goddam windsheild weather-stripping started to peel off so now I have it permatexed and duct taped on so water doesn't screw up anything. So today after school I'm driving again and another dump truck throws an even bigger rock and SMASH it made a big ass crack in my windsheild. Its literally like 12''-14'' long and seems like its getting longer all the time. Later on I told some guy at work and he said if I got the plates of the dump truck that their company had to pay for it. I live like 2 blocks from a quarry so getting hit with rocks is a daily occurance. Do you think that next time it happens I can get them to give me a new windsheild? Its not lying if a rock from their thing does crack it again. Plus I'm sure they have insurance for that type of stuff. Seeing as I literally have $40 to my name I can't afford new glass. Or do you think my car insurance covers something like this? Or are they whores like I think they usually are and don't cover shit?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:11 PM
NoRiCeHeRe

Its very possible but I am sure that the Dump truck company gets a lot of people who complain just like you. So they might just say they can't do anything.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

you should have got the name off the dump truck.

otherwise, glass coverage on your insurance is cheap and a claim shouldn't effect your rates.

glass coverage is like an extra $8 a month, you should have it already on your ins. but if you dont have collision you proly dont have glass...

otherwise, they ****ed you, they have ins for this.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:17 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i think you can get them to pay for it, but if not the insurance might cover most of it.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:19 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I have full coverage on my insurance. So they should cover it?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

glass breakage is extra, but you have to have collison and comp in order to be ALLOWED to buy it.

so, POSSIBLY is my answer, rather than "definately not"
Old 09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Well last time some **** face smashed in my driver side window Geico said they would cover it if I gave them a $100 deductable. No point on a window that costs $100. But on something that cost $300 it would be worth it.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:35 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

my dad had some "african american" kid throw a brick threw his windshielf in the city one day....it was funny cuz it was like half way tthrew n stuck...but the insurance company covered it, no extar charges....(state farm insurncae that is)
Old 09-09-2003, 03:37 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Default Re: I swear I can't win, what can I do now?

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
giant looking 1'' rock
For some reason 1" doesn't seem giant to me...

Still sucks though. It couldn't hurt to contact them (dump truck co. and insurance co.) Where did the rock come from on the truck? Did it drop out of an overfilled cargo bay or did it just get kicked up from the ground by one of their tires? What was your following distance like?

About the insurance, if your deductible is more than the cost of the windshield, I would think not. I believe you'd need to have that coverage as Fuji stated.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:41 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Default Re: Re: I swear I can't win, what can I do now?

Originally posted by agent87
For some reason 1" doesn't seem giant to me...

About the insurance, if your deductible is more than the cost of the windshield, I would think not. I believe you'd need to have that coverage as Fuji stated.

Good luck.
How about instead of it hitting my windsheild the rock hit you in the face? Now it sure seems a lot bigger doesn't it? Imagine a 1'' bullet hitting something. Its going to **** that shit up.

I highly doubt the deductable is $300.