Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Blockbuster issues... Help me fight this.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:55 PM
AccordCutie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rent mine for free:rick:

With this mood I am in...I would be:rant: to them now.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:56 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

:madfawk:

They still didn't believe me... I think this was probable racial profiling. In the end I had to pay the $12 since it was my dad's account. I'm signing up for Hollywood video mang. :madfawk:
Old 09-04-2003, 09:39 PM
FDragger
the F is a secret :shhh:

if all else fails you don't need to pay it now. you still can rent movies with a balance on your account.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:43 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

I already paid foo :happysad:
Old 09-04-2003, 09:47 PM
FDragger
the F is a secret :shhh:

Originally posted by dom93hatch
I already paid foo :happysad:
you got wned: by blockbusters h:
Old 09-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I've seen people get credit notices in the mail about overdue tapes... messy... even though you're right, since you can't prove it...I'd say go there and speak to them nicely or just pay it..
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-05-2003, 03:30 AM
CivicRacr

take a digi cam with you next time you return a video, take lots of pics with the newspaper of the day
Old 09-05-2003, 03:52 AM
Kabooki

ok, here i go to get flamed, but of course it would be me that works at blockbuster (not the one u got prollems at)

But this might help, behind the counter there should be a poster that says: "Every employee at blockbuster is empowered to do WHATEVER it takes to see that the customer leaves happy"

or something to that effect, if someone comes up to me and bitches about a late fee, i just get a manager to take it off, i dont care to get someone pissed at me and ruin my day for a fuk up i didnt do. (have to get manager cuz my lame ass dont have permission)

and late fees DO transfer, actually if you have a late fee at one store, it will put all other store accounts on hold until that store is called and the balance is manually transfered and paid.

arguing what time u turned it in isnt very helpful as the computer shows its time it was scanned in, all movies are due at noon, but the computer counts late as being 2PM!!! so if u get the movies in the drop box and scanned, the computer will automatically count it on time, this is to give the workers time to empty it.

but if you are arguing a movie turned in at 8pm and claim u had it on time, that is hella unlikely that a movie will sit in the drop box for more than 2 hrs.

One thing to note is managers at my location go alot by attitude (and if the chick is hot) so if you come in calm and stern about it, they will first say they will take up to half off, and if worst comes to worst they will do all, this is standard proceedure.

managers are monitored by corporate on how much they do in credits per day, so every customer wanting a 12$ late fee credit will make the manager more up tight about helping anyone once upper management starts chewin them a new one. But if you get pissed at the manager, you could allways buy something expensive and before you pay, decide not to get it, any sale that is voided counts against them as credits to customers, and upper management super hates any form of credits
Old 09-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally posted by AKUFC
You could avoid that place like the plague and just go to a different Blockbuster. Suprisingly enough they are not linked so if you have a late fee one place it won't show if you go to a different one.
:werd: Jackie and I are notorious for that.