Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

My car's all wet... :oh:

Old 08-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car's all wet... :oh:

Posted something similar on the Civic 92+ board:
I drove througha bunch of puddles last night (unavoidable... streets were crazy flodded) Now the car is louder when first stepping on the gas.. as it goes into a higher gear... it's not quite as loud... but very sluggish... (for an auto 00 EX ) I have the AEM CAI with bypass valve.. Stock exhaust was just put back on because my other one had an exhaust leak.

Someone suggested an exhaust leak...Understanble.. sounds like it... but..not quite. Plus the stock exhaust was originally on my car for only 6 months.
New cat converter too.
No CEL...

And now my car sounds like it has a god damn obnoxious fart pipe. Any thoughts?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

well, stop turning the car on.. h:
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

:squint:
Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 AM
madlow

It's gotta be something with the exhaust piping. They might have not sealed the weld 100% so it could be leaking. There's nothing else the noise could be coming from. I'd bring it back to the shop that you had the work done and have them double check it.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally posted by madlow
It's gotta be something with the exhaust piping. They might have not sealed the weld 100% so it could be leaking. There's nothing else the noise could be coming from. I'd bring it back to the shop that you had the work done and have them double check it.
Is it weird that it started almost a month after getting the stock exhast and cat put on tho? Wouldn't it just be loud right away?

I don't want it to seem like I'm shunning the idea of an exhaust leak... and I appriciate the advice. it just seems very odd to me. Cause my other exhaust leak... the car was not sluggish at all.. just constantly loud... And THAT pipe was just hanging on by two little bits of rusted metal. Now it's loud only when I step on the gas. And when I'm excelerating more and more (I didn't check the RPMs :doh: ) it almost sounds like it's sputtering
Old 08-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

Originally posted by EriksShadow
:squint:
or try not being so sensitive to the car's needs, don't caress it gently and whisper sweet nothings in it's ear
Old 08-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Post whore! h:

:db:
Old 08-12-2003, 07:00 AM
axemansean

Originally posted by EriksShadow

Is it weird that it started almost a month after getting the stock exhast and cat put on tho? Wouldn't it just be loud right away?

I don't want it to seem like I'm shunning the idea of an exhaust leak... and I appriciate the advice. it just seems very odd to me. Cause my other exhaust leak... the car was not sluggish at all.. just constantly loud... And THAT pipe was just hanging on by two little bits of rusted metal. Now it's loud only when I step on the gas. And when I'm excelerating more and more (I didn't check the RPMs :doh: ) it almost sounds like it's sputtering
Fouled plugs. Check your plugs to see if they are clean, if they aren't use some carb cleaner. Also check to see if the plug gap is alright. You might have an exhasust rattle, most of the time its the hanger near the cat that is loose.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally posted by axemansean

Fouled plugs. Check your plugs to see if they are clean, if they aren't use some carb cleaner. Also check to see if the plug gap is alright. You might have an exhasust rattle, most of the time its the hanger near the cat that is loose.
I was thinking something with the plugs as well... I had bad wires once... and it kept popping out.. and the car would hesitate.. it's almost remincent of that... except.. not hesitating... just sluggish. Cars.... love/hate relationship.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Now.. could any of these things have been effected by all the puddles/small lakes I had to drive though last night?