Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

red light cameras

Old 07-19-2003, 09:05 PM
toekneedahtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red light cameras

on friday night i was on my way to the edwards cinemas in mira mesa. i was coming from black mountain and was going to make a left on to mira mesa blvd. well the light turned yellow as i was approaching, and i figured i'd have enough time to make it through the intersection. the next thing i remember was looking up, and seeing that the traffic signal was red. bad news is that that intersection is one of the few that have had the red light cameras reactivated. i figured i was already half way through the turn so i was safe from being photographed. but when i asked my friend (who was in the car with me) what he thought happened, he said i was only half way in the intersection.

i have been searching for info on red light cameras and haven't been able to find much information on what categorizes a red light runner. what i want to ask you guys is do you think i'll still get the ticket even though my car was only half way in the intersection when the light turned red? or am i safe because i was either way i was still in the intersection while it turned red?

btw, i looked around to observe any flashes but i semi-sure that i did not see any. i also believe the camera was not at an angle that could have photographed my face. would that save me from having to pay the ticket if it comes?

thanks in advance
Old 07-19-2003, 09:06 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

um wasnt there a lawsuit that ended all photoenforced intersections?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:07 PM
smokedogg

the cameras dont need a picture of the driver, just the lisence plate I believe.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:07 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i hope so i think i got caught in Murphy Canyon by wallmart
Old 07-19-2003, 09:09 PM
toekneedahtiger

Originally posted by smokedogg
the cameras dont need a picture of the driver, just the lisence plate I believe.
but if there was not a picture of the driver, couldn't you just deny that you were the driver?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:14 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by aux
um wasnt there a lawsuit that ended all photoenforced intersections?
Some cities have banned using these to give tickets for red light tickets however, some counties found a lopoll in those rulings and use them to cite tickets for being in the intersection during a red light. Than again some cities have kept this law in effect.

Originally posted by toekneedahtiger

but if there was not a picture of the driver, couldn't you just deny that you were the driver?
You would have to have some form of proof to show that you were not the one driving the car at that specific time.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:16 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

it may have taken ur pic, but if you were already in the intersection when the pic was taken,ur good. If not, expect a ticket in the mail in a few weeks
Old 07-19-2003, 09:17 PM
smokedogg

really good info here

the cameras do not take pictures if you entered the intersection on a yellow (amber) light, but it turned red while you were still moving on through.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:21 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

yeah mira mesa blvd red light camera is a :rick:

theyre very accurate to the hundreth of a second you crossed the limit line.. they wont take your picture if you run the yellow but the moment you pass the line when the red lights up youre screwed. you sure the camera wasnt taking the picture of any cars behind you? if worst comes to worst you could try and argue that your front tires passed the line on yellow and your rear wheels passed the line on red. just an argument that you might get away with. i wouldnt worry too much until you get a nice notice in the mail saying you got a ticket for running a red.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:25 PM
toekneedahtiger

damn now that i think of it, i should have hauled more ass to get into the intersection. but its hard to do that in a '92 previa :slap: