Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

This is why I got out..(News Link and Video Inside)

Old 07-07-2003, 09:21 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is why I got out..(News Link and Video Inside)

I read about this happening on a local import forum and found a news link about it. Basically it was your normal weekend gathering at a empty parking lot and just some local idiots who showoff and race in the parking lot. An RX7 TT fishtailed and smacked several people leaving one in critical condition. It turns out, I met this guy about a month ago. He's good friends with a friend of mine. Asian guy in the marines, had a lot going for him. Anyway here's the story Drag Racing Incident

Everytime I read over something like this it just makes me sick. Innocent people getting hurt over the stupidity of others. Yes, no one should have been there and the spectators put themselves at risk but its the combination of everything that makes things like this happen. I'm sure a lot of us have done stupid things like this or just raced on the open road. What you have to realize is that you're putting others at risk too. How do you not know there is an old lady just putting away just around that curve? If you watch the news article also you notice they mention "2 fast 2furious". I don't blame them to tell you the truth. Without the first movie being produced there wouldn't be half as many import racers out there. Now its just another generation of immature ricers who think they own the road. I'm sure a lot of you disagree with what I'm saying because I would have also 7-8 years ago but now I've matured and look at it in a totally different way. I could go all day about this topic but I'll just cut it here.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:28 AM
NoRiCeHeRe

I alway's hate hearing about these type of accidents. Its funny how so many get their panty's in a bunch and get mad at the drivers who were racing. Now don't get me wrong they were the one's driving but those who were watching understood the risks and they're also at fault. IMO
Old 07-07-2003, 09:30 AM
DB7 2.0
Banned

theyre all idiots
Old 07-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this. I left the street scene many years ago after personally seeing a friend of mine slide sideways under the trailer of a rig in an industrial area we used to race at.

Sometimes lifes lessons are hard learned but I am glad at least you weren't one of the people who were injured.

Not gonna lie and say I hope the guy gets out of it because he deserves what he gets in this matter...but I do hope everyone there learned something from this incident.