Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Undercover popo's

Old 07-07-2003, 06:34 AM
Deludedteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undercover popo's

I was reading on dragva about some of the cop cars that the cops are using here in virginia and I was wondering what kind of cop cars they are using else where. For us(in VA) I've read about the following:

3000GT
Accord
Civic
2 Saleen Mustangs
300Z
Camaro
Oops forgot a few:
Chevy blazer
A few mini-vans(WTF)
Dodge Intrepid

Some of these cars will actually come up to you and rev on you trying to get you to race. If/when you do they pull you over.(I question the legality of this on the sole premise that the cop is breaking the law as well by racing).
Old 07-07-2003, 06:38 AM
NoRiCeHeRe

Here is Utah the "5 oh's" roll around in Durango's, Malibu's, Camaro's (I have only seen two). There are other's but I can't think of them right now. Sleepiness OwNeS meh! :sleep:
Old 07-07-2003, 06:40 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Default Re: Undercover popo's

Originally posted by Deludedteg
I was reading on dragva about some of the cop cars that the cops are using here in virginia and I was wondering what kind of cop cars they are using else where. For us(in VA) I've read about the following:

3000GT
Accord
Civic
2 Saleen Mustangs
300Z
Camaro

Some of these cars will actually come up to you and rev on you trying to get you to race. If/when you do they pull you over.(I question the legality of this on the sole premise that the cop is breaking the law as well by racing).
under cover cops buy drugs and bust sellers. does that mean they shouldn't be doing that?

i have heard that its considered entrapment if they start the race (accelerate first) but good luck on that one, since they didnt MAKE you race them.

how about just not street race and you dont have to worry about it
Old 07-07-2003, 06:40 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Was driving back from Florida... cruising down 95 in South Carolina... a Camaro is driving kinda slow (okay.. speed limit) in the left lane.. I get ready to pass him, when the reflective tape catches my eye. LOL Niiiiice breaks. Little bit further down the road.. a Couger from NY goes to do the same thing... lol... then does the same thing I do. Finally the cop turned off.. and the passanger in the Cougar rolls his window down.. looks at me.. (from Jersey) and made the "WTF" face. I just shrugged and laughed

Janna
Janna
Old 07-07-2003, 06:50 AM
Deludedteg

Default Re: Re: Undercover popo's

Originally posted by spankaveli
under cover cops buy drugs and bust sellers. does that mean they shouldn't be doing that?

i have heard that its considered entrapment if they start the race (accelerate first) but good luck on that one, since they didnt MAKE you race them.

how about just not street race and you dont have to worry about it
Well I don't have anything to worry about seein' how I don't race. Watch out for those ASSumptions.
I do see a point in the above comment, but it still seems a bit fishy to me. I dunno.