Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What's a good way to remove armor all?

Old 07-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Chevere
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good way to remove armor all?

I've been armor-alling my car for awhile now, and I'm trying to get rid of it, but when I wash it off with soap and water, certain places have a dried out look to them. Like the panels where the window controls are is all whitish, and in my dash, the plastic over my tac, is whitish. Is there something I can use to get rid of this?
Old 07-05-2003, 02:50 PM
VTECseoul
i love my wife's (y)

Armor All
Old 07-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Morpheus
Banned

Why do you want to get rid of armor all? Its liek car wax for the interior of your car.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:08 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Armor All has silicones in it which make some dashboards crack. Plus it looks cheap.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:11 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

I'd try simple green and clean it using a rag. The less you dilute it, the more cleaning power it'll have.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Deagle
Nüb

I thought Armor All prevented cracking.

If you really want it off you can use a silicone based lubricant to disolve it, or just wait until it wears off.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:19 PM
ichiro
Banned

no armer all > armer all

im guessing thats why
Old 07-05-2003, 06:23 PM
wagon89

Unless he got armour all on the clear plastic over the dash and A/C controls your pretty well scewed. There is a plastic polish that removes the white cum stains on the clear plastic, its alot of work to get the cum stains off
Old 07-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Chevere
Banned

Originally posted by Morpheus
Why do you want to get rid of armor all? Its liek car wax for the interior of your car.
:slap:

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
I'd try simple green and clean it using a rag. The less you dilute it, the more cleaning power it'll have.
thanks man

Originally posted by Deagle
I thought Armor All prevented cracking.

If you really want it off you can use a silicone based lubricant to disolve it, or just wait until it wears off.

Originally posted by wagon89
Unless he got armour all on the clear plastic over the dash and A/C controls your pretty well scewed. There is a plastic polish that removes the white cum stains on the clear plastic, its alot of work to get the cum stains off
yes i did get it on those places and on the plastic over the window controls. when i try taking it off it leaves those uh..... cum stains.... what is the plastic polish that takes it off?
Old 07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
wagon89

Originally posted by Chevere
:slap:

thanks man

yes i did get it on those places and on the plastic over the window controls. when i try taking it off it leaves those uh..... cum stains.... what is the plastic polish that takes it off?
I used this stuff made by (Blue Magic) Plastic and plexiglass cleaner.

I recommend removing the speedo cluster if you use it as it get in all the nooks and crannies around the bezel. Its alot of work to get the etch marks off. Armour All etches the speedo cluster turning it white. Someone at one time got a few drops on my BMW cluster leaving white marks which is why I call them cum stains. If you use this stuff the speedo looks good as new.

I think I bought this stuff at Autozone