Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

A question of paint

Old 07-03-2003, 06:42 AM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question of paint

I need a rattle can or two of paint for my car. Only problem no one makes it. Autozone, Advance, Pep boys, NAPA said they don't stock it or even know where to get it. Honda told me that any of those places can "make" it for me and I told them I already tried that avenue.

So anyone know where I can get some paint. Its paint code YR 505M (Cashmere Silver). Heck does anyone even make them right then and there?

Stupid f*cking car! :madfawk:
Old 07-03-2003, 08:01 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Default Re: A question of paint

Originally posted by axemansean
I need a rattle can or two of paint for my car. Only problem no one makes it. Autozone, Advance, Pep boys, NAPA said they don't stock it or even know where to get it. Honda told me that any of those places can "make" it for me and I told them I already tried that avenue.

So anyone know where I can get some paint. Its paint code YR 505M (Cashmere Silver). Heck does anyone even make them right then and there?

Stupid f*cking car! :madfawk:
Look in your phone book and find a place that sells automotive paint. Preferably one that deals with PPG (or DuPont, but they're a little pricey). If you can't find any, I'm sure you could ask a body shop where they get their paint.

You could have a couple of spray cans of your color paint made within a day.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Tirod

im sure any body shop will mix you up a quart... dunno about regular spray cans though
Old 07-03-2003, 08:18 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by tirod²slc
im sure any body shop will mix you up a quart... dunno about regular spray cans though
That's what bugs me though. Paint itself cost less than 20 bucks. But then it costs like another 10-15 to put them in spray cans. I wish I had my own gun.... h:
Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Duff Man

Find a Local PPG dealer. I know these guy's and they always mix excellent quallity lacquers, finishers, and clear coats. They mix and compress thier own aerosol cans

Give em a call if you can't find a local distributor. I've dealt w/ these guy's for the past 8 years now...excellent paint from Chevy gray, to Honda's Aztec Green Mica, and Taffeta White

Located in Milwaukee, they will distribute anywhere in North Am:

I'll try to find the website.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Duff Man

Originally posted by tirod2slc
Body Shops = cheap shotty lacquer and over priced.

BTW ~ MAKE SURE ITS PPG!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:01 AM
AccordCutie

Originally posted by Duff Man
Find a Local PPG dealer. I know these guy's and they always mix excellent quallity lacquers, finishers, and clear coats. They mix and compress thier own aerosol cans

Give em a call if you can't find a local distributor. I've dealt w/ these guy's for the past 8 years now...excellent paint from Chevy gray, to Honda's Aztec Green Mica, and Taffeta White

Located in Milwaukee, they will distribute anywhere in North Am:

I'll try to find the website.
How much is the can?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:26 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.paintscratch.com
Old 07-03-2003, 11:29 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by randomtask77
That's what bugs me though. Paint itself cost less than 20 bucks. But then it costs like another 10-15 to put them in spray cans. I wish I had my own gun.... h:
:werd: i only bought 2 quarts of paint when i first painted the car, used every last bit, i had to buy another one..to repaint the bumper i have alot left over, maybe ill paint something, like my rims...h:
Old 07-03-2003, 06:12 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

any local sherwin williams auto paint store can mix up a can for 20 bux about.